Part 77

'haan main'...kyun tum kisi aur ko expect kar rahi thi? (yes me... were you expecting someone else?)

Khushi got the shock of her life to see rajiv there.

Khushi was shivering out of fear: aa..aap...aap yahaan kya kar rahe hai?? (you...what are you doing here?)

Rajiv smiled in an evil way and said: kyun? Tum to aise baat kar rahi ho jaise maine koi bohot bara gunaah kar diya...I can't believe ki tum mujhe itni jaldi bhul gayi...(why? You are talking as if I have done a big crime by coming here..i can't believe you have forgotten me so soon)

Khushi was shocked. Her hands and legs were shaking. She managed to say: aapki himmat kaise hui hamarey ghar tak aaney ki...(how dare you come here?)

Rajiv held her hand with force and said: himmat? Tum himmat ki baat kar rahi ho? Jis ladki ki itni himmat ho ki woh aapne shaadi ke do din pehele kisi aur se shaadi kar le...uske muh se yeh sab baatein achi nehi lagti (courage? You are doing about courage? It doesn't look nice when a girl who got married to someone else two days before her marriage talks like this)

Khushi struggled: chhoriye humey...(leave me...)

Rajiv: itni asani se kaise chhor de...(how can I leave you so easily)

Khushi struggled and as a result she fell down on the floor hurting her hand.

Khushi prayed: hey devi maaiya raksha karna...hey devi maaiya raksha karna....arnavji kaha hai aap.... She cried.(god please help me...god please....where are you arnavji...)

Rajiv laughed and said: tch tch tch.... Sad isn't it....koi nehi hai tumhe bachane wala...thappar mara than arnav ne usdin mujhe....ab usey pata chalega ki us thappar ka asar kitna gehera tha...(there is no one to save you...arnav had slapped me that day...now he will know how hard it had hit me)

Khushi started pushing herself back while sitting on the floor till she hit the wall.

Khushi: dur rahiye humse...(stay away from me)

She somehow managed to take a support of the wall and stand up. Rajiv pushed her against the wall and made an attempt to kiss her. She pushed his face hard and ran from the place. She ran along the corridor and banged hard against someone and a pair of arms wrapped her. She was trembling; her hands had cuts and bruises. With great difficulty she looked up and to her relief standing infront of her was arnav. Arnav became mad with anger seeing her in that condition.

He looked at her shocked and said: khushi yeh sab...(khushi what happened...)

She cried hard and said: arnavji..humey bachaiye...woh humey...woh humey.... She tried to catch a breath.(arnavji...save me...he will...he will...)

Before arnav could react or understand anything he saw rajiv coming out from the room. It was now clear to him. He lost control completely and dashed towards rajiv. Without a word he punched him hard on his face.

He punched him once, twice and then almost blindly. Rajiv's face was bleeding. Khushi didn't know what to do, she was dreading that arnav might get hurt or he might kill rajiv. She tried

to call out his name, but her voice didn't support her. Rajiv was on the other hand getting beaten up black and blue. Arnav was blinded by anger. He held his head and banged on the wall and said: itni himmat...teri itni himmat ki tune khushi ko....(how dare you...how dare you do this to her...)

Rajiv was getting the punches so fast that before he could recover from one he ended up getting the other. Rajiv fell down on the ground almost unconscious. Arnav turned towards khushi.