Part 91

Arnav went and sat beside buaji followed by an angry khushi. Buaji handed over the album to arnav and said: ee dekho babua..(see this..)

Arnav flipped through the pages. His gave khushi a look as if to say ' I have got a treasure'.

Khushi muttered: hey devi maaiya..aapko bhi hamesha arnavji ki tarah hamari tang khichne mein maza aata hai kya?(you love pulling my leg just like arnavji)

The first pic was of an angel, few months old, with a million dollar smile and there was no point for guessing who it was. In the next few pics khushi was with a man and a woman arnav had never seen before. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw khushi's eyes glistening up looking at the pic and he immediately knew they were her real parents. Silently, avoiding everyone's attention he kept his hand on hers to tell her that he was there. Khushi also quickly wiped off the tiny tear droplets forming at the corner of her eyes before others could see it. Arnav gave her half a smile as she wiped those. They both were brought out of their trance as they heard buaji scream followed by a laughter: ee deikho.... Hai rey nandkisore....bachpan se hi ekdam pagaliya hai..(look at this....she is crazy since childhood)

Khushi and arnav looked back at the album. The page had a pic of khushi dressed in a white frock and had put lipstick all over the place in an attempt to colour her lips, she had her lips pouted as if she was throwing a kiss at someone. Arnav was amazed and khushi was embarrassed. Buaji and garima were laughing their heart out.

Garima: jiji kaha karti thi ki tumka bachpan se hi sajne sawarne ka bara sokh tha.. Aapni maa ki tarah lagna chahti thi tum.. (jiji used to say that you loved dressing up from childhood and wanted to look like your mother)

Khushi looked at her pic once again and then looked at arnav. He smirked at her and khushi knew it meant 'we'll speak about this when we are alone'.

Khushi blushed suppressing a smile.

Next few had khushi and payal as young kids...some were from a function where khushi had participated in some dance.

Buaji looked at one such and said: ee sankadevi ko bachpan se hi nachna bara achha lagat hai..hamesha udham machaye rakhat hai nandkisore..(she loved dancing since childhood... )

Arnav flipped few more pages..and saw a pic where his eyes got fixed. The pic looked like one or two years before marriage. Khushi in a white salwar..her hair open..no make up...dangling silver ear rings and a dazzling smile. It was so natural, so beautiful, absolutely out of the world.

Unknowingly he let out a soft 'beautiful'.

Realizing that he had just said that,Arnav quickly moved his eyeballs to look at everyone, thankfully no one had heard. They were busy talking amongst themselves. Arnav slowly pushed the pic from the album flap so that it fell on the floor. And then covered it behind him avoiding everyone's notice. After spending some more time arnav went inside the room. Buaji told khushi after a while: titlaliya..bohot der se baithi ho..jaaike thoda araam kar lio nandkisore...(you have been sitting for a long time...go and take some rest)

Khushi: ji buaji..(ok)

She went inside the room and saw arnav looking at something with a smile.

Khushi walked inside and said: aap aise muskuratey huye kya dekh rahe hai...(what are you looking at with such a smile)

Arnav put it down and said: tumse matlab? (what does it have to do with you)

Khushi: haaw..hum aapki patni hai... jaldi bataiye.. she ordered (I am your wife...say right now)

Arnav smiled and said: well mere hath mein...kuch aisa hai jisey dekhtey hi meri dil ki dhadkaney ek pal ke liye tham si gayi thi..(I have something in my hand which stopped my heartbeat)

Khushi got impatient and said: jaldi bataiye na (say na)

Arnav looked at it again and said with dreamy eyes: bata doon?? (should i?)

Khushi gave an angry look

Arnav smiled at it and said: tasveer hai....(it is a photo)

Then he made a serious face and said: khushi...woh maine tumhe kabhi iske baarein mein bataya nehi...(I actually didn't tell you about this before)

Khushi looked confused: kya arnavji...(what?)

Arnav made her sit on the bed with a smile and said: khushi...koi hai... I mean.. koi ladki thi jissey main...after a pause added: I fell in love... (khushi..there is someone..... a girl...I fell in love with...)

Khushi's face fell. Arnav touched her cheek and said: khushi maine usey kabhi samne dekha nehi bas tasveeron mein dekha...(I have never seen her infront of my eyes..but seen her in the pics)

Khushi was on the verge of crying, though arnav said he never met her still she couldn't bear someone else in his life.

Khushi hung her head down. Then looked at him and said: iska matlab aap ussey...ussey pyaar kartey..hai...(that means you love her...)

Arnav: relax khushi...yeh sach hai ki shayed secretly aj bhi main usey pasand karta hoon...lekin don't worry khushi I will always love you...(relax khushi...its true that may be I still like her secretly...but don't worry khushi I will always love you)

Khushi looked at him with tear filled eyes and a fake smile and said trying to be as brave as possible. Though her heart was breaking into pieces she asked innocently: Kya woh bohot khubsurat hai arnavji?(is she very pretty?)

Arnav suppressed a smile at her insecurity and kept a straight face.

Arnav nodded his head and said: haan... Bohot khubsurat...duniya ki sabse khubsurat ladki..you can say maine aj tak itni khubsurat ladki nehi dekha...(yes...very pretty..she is the most beautiful girl in this world...you can say I have not seen a prettier face than hers)

Khushi's face fell even more. Her husband was praising some other girl that also to this extent. She hung her head and the tear droplet which was fighting to stay in those beautiful eyes finally lost its battle and came out kissing her cheek on its way. Before she poured out her heart infront of him, khushi got up from the bed and turned to go.

Arnav held her hand and said: dekhna nehi chahogi usey? (you don't want to see her)

Khushi nodded her head saying no. How could she see someone who was the most beautiful girl in her husband's eyes!!

Arnav stood up put the pic in her hand and said: khushi...tum meri biwi ho...you should know all my secrets..(khushi you are my wife..you should know all my secrets)

Khushi extended her hand to give back the pic and said: nehi arnavji..humey nehi..(no..i don't want to..)

But her hand remained in mid air as her eyes fell on the pic in her hand...it was she herself in a white suit.

Khushi: yeh...to...hum...(this is...me..)

And then her face was a sight to watch. She was relieved that there was no one else in arnav's heart apart from her, she blushed recalling how arnav was praising her, embarrassed because she was shedding tears thinking it was someone else, angry because arnav fooled her- all the expressions put together!

Arnav smiled. She looked down. He bent down and kissed her on both the cheeks and said: khushi you are the most beautiful woman I know!

Khushi looked at him, her cheeks red as she blushed hard.

Arnav looked at the pic and said: and this is the most beautiful pic of the most beautiful woman in the world!

Khushi threw herself in his arms and said: lekin yeh aapke pass kaise aaya...yeh to buaji ke pass tha...(how did it come to you...this was with buaji..)

Arnav said in his asr tone: khushi tum janti ho ki jo cheez arnav singh raizada ki hai usko kisi aur ke pass rehena ka koi haq nehi hai...asr aapni cheezein kisi se share nehi karta...(you know no one has the right to keep something which belongs to arnav singh raizada...asr never shares his things)

Khushi hid deeper into his chest, made a face and said: laad governor!

Arnav wrapped his arms around her tightly with a smile.