Part 81

As arnav entered sheesh mahal, anjali asked: kya baat hai chhotey...tum to waha ruknewale they..fir achanak aise..(what happened chhotey? You were supposed to stay back..then why did you come back?)

Arnav: haan di khushi ne zid ki to mujhe manna hi para.. Main fresh hoke fir jaunga..( ..(actually di khushi insisted so I had to listen to her..ill freshen up and come)

Anjali smiled and said: khushiji ki yehi baat to sabse anokhi hai...jo kaam koi nehi kar sakta..woh kaam khushiji baarey asaani se kar sakti hai ...hai na chhotey?(this is the unique thing about khushiji...what others cant do..she can do very easily...isn't it chhotey?)

Arnav understood that she was teasing him. He faked an anger and said: yeah right...ekbar koi baat ko pakad le to dimag kharab kar deti hai...aur aj to upar se birthday hai..so I had to..(yeah right...if she thinks of something she drives you crazy unless you do it... and then its her birthday...so I had to)

Anjali giggled and said: haan haan chhotey hum samajhtey hai.. She pulled his leg again.(yes yes we understand)

Arnav: di please...

Anjali: achha baba..tum jaakey fresh ho jao fir hum sab sath mein hospital chaltey hai..(ok go and freshen up then we will go the hospital together)

Arnav: main abhi aaya di...(I'll come right away)

Nani and buaji were watching them from a distance.

Nani: madhumatiji..aapki khushi bitiya to sab pe jadu kar rahi..khaas kar chhotey ke upar...humrey chhotey ko puri tarah se jeena shikha diya bitiya ne..hum bohot khushnaseeb hai..bohot achhe sanskaar diye rahe aap logon aapne dono bitiya ko...payal bitiya bhi sakshaat lakshmi hai..?(your daughter has done magic on everyone specially on chhotey...she has taught him how to live life to the fullest...and payal is like Goddess Lakshmi)

Buaji: sab nandkisore ki kripa..ee dono bachhiya to hai hi aisan..aur humri sankadevi ke baarey mein kaa kahey hum...jaisan naam bilkul waisan..khusii!!(all by God's grace... these two girls like this..and our khushi...what should I say about her...she is just like her name)

Khushi was sitting alone in the cabin, thinking about arnav. How he broke down, how he cared for her, how he scolded her to make her do things. She muttered: devi maaiya aapka bohot bohot shukriya jo aapne humey arnavji jaise pati diya... Shayed humne zarur kuch achhe kaam kiye honge..humne shuruwaad mein arnavji ko kya socha tha... She smiled.(thank you God for giving me a husband like arnavji...I must have done something good in my life...what all I thought about him)

Just then everyone along with arnav came and said: happy birthday...

They had a huge bouquet of red roses with them

Khushi looked at them with a huge grin and said: bohot bohot shukriya...(thanks a lot)

Anjali: hmmm...to kya baatein ho rahi thi devi maaiya se??(so what were you telling God?)

Khushi got embarrassed and said: woh to bas hum aise hi...(I was saying just like that)

Buaji: ee lio sankadevi sarmaye rahi haai...hai rey nandkisore(see she is blushing.... oh God)

Khushi made a baby face and said: kya buaji aap bhi...

Buaji: waisan aap sabko pata hai..sankadevi aapne janamdin ko lekar hamesha se hi paglaye jaati thi...do haftey pehele se din ginwati thi...(do you all know how excited she gets when it comes to her birthday...starts counting days two weeks before)

Everyone laughed. Arnav's lips curved up in a lopsided smile.

Khushi: janamdin to hotey hi isliye hai... itni saari badhaiya...tofey..(birthdays for like that...you get so many wishes...gifts..)