Part 44

They were soon back in shantivan. Everyone was in the living area and were shocked to see anjali in a devasted state with arnav and khushi. Arnav slowly made anjali sit on the sofa.
Nani asked: chhotey ee kaa hui gawa anjali bitiya ko..kaha se aa rahe hai aap log..(what happened to anjali...where are you coming from?) 

Anjali hung her head down and didn't speak a word. Arnav and khushi exchanged a look and khushi told everything about shyaam. Everyone was shocked to the core. 

Aakash: bhai itna sab kuch ho gaya...aur aap dono ne kisi se kuch kaha nehi...(so much happened...but you didn't tell us anything)

Arnav: aakash woh shyaam ..he is very dangerous..humey darr tha ki woh di ko kuch harm na karey...isiliye...(aakash that shyaam is dangeorus...we were scared that he might harm di)
Nani held anjali's hands and she broke into tears hugging her. 

Anjali: nani humse aisi kaunsi galti ho gayi jo shyaamji ne hamarey sath itna bara dhoka kiya (what was my fault that shyaam did this with me) 

Arnav: no di..is mein aapki koi galti nehi hai...galti to us.... (gritting his teeth)...us shyaam ki hai...I will not spare him...(no di...it is not your fault... it is shyaam's fault..i will not spare him)
Khushi: di humey maaf kar dijiye...lekin aapko sachhai ka pata lagna bohot zaruri tha isiliye humne aapse...(di please forgive me...but you needed to know the truth... that's why we had to..)

Anjali looked at khushi and said: nehi khushiji aap maafi maat mangiye...aapne to hamari zindagi bachai hai...(no khushiji...please don't say sorry...you saved my life..)

She wept again and said: lekin hum aisi zindagi ka kya karein...jis mein hamarey pati na ho....(but what do I do with this life ...where I don't have my husband with me)

Arnav: di kya hum aapke liye kuch nehi hai?? Woh shyaam hi sab kuch... his voice choked as he spoke. (di..dont we mean anything to you? That shyaam was everything...)

Khushi kept her hand on his shoulder to console him silently. She knew how shattered he was from inside seeing his di break down like this.

Anjali cupped his face and said: nehi chhotey...(no chhotey...)

The rest of the day passed like this. Everyone was with anjali all through the day. At night nani said that she will stay over with anjali while others retired to their room.

In arnav's room. 

Arnav was already in his room when khushi walked in. Arnav was standing near the poolside.

Khushi: arnavji... 

Arnav turned towards her, his eyes red with anger and tears and yelled: not a word damn it!!

Khushi was startled by his reaction. She said: par arnavji...

Arnav: yeh sab karne se pehele tumne ekbar bhi nehi socha ki...ki how would I live...agar tumhe kuch...(didn't you think even once before doing all this...how would I live,...if something..happened to you...)

Khushi: arnavji hum... 

Arnav held her by her shoulders and said: jab maine suna ki mere car ka accident hua hai....tab...mujhe..mujhe laga ki.....(when I heard that my car met with an accident I thought....)

He screamed by pinning her to the wall: do you even know what I went through!!! And then broke down in tears by holding her like that.

Khushi now realised that she shouldn't have risked her life like that. Arnav's trauma was quite clear to her now. Khushi quickly held him by his head and wrapped one around him letting him take out all his anxiety in the form of tears on her shoulder.

She lifted his face and gave him fleeting kisses all over his face and said: humey maaf kar dijiye arnavji...us waqt humey jo bhi sujha maine wohi kiya....humey kisi bhi haal mein di ko sachhai se rubaru karana tha...isiliye humne....(forgive me arnavji...I did what I thought was right at that moment....we had to bring out the truth infront of di...)

She was crying as well. Arnav pulled her with force and hugged her tightly saying: don't you dare do this again... nehi jee paunga main....nehi jee paunga....(don't you dare do this again...I can't live...I can't live)