Part 53

A few days went by. Rishab wanted anjali to continue working with him. They had still kept their relationship a secret from everyone. It was the day before anjali's birthday. Anjali was in the terrace talking to rishab over the phone, when khushi also went there for some work and heard anjali saying: rishab hum bhi tumse utna hi pyaar kartey hai..aur hum chahtey hai ki hum jald se jald yeh baat sabko bataye..lekin kaise yeh humey nehi pata.. (rishab I also love you a lot...and I want to tell this to everyone as soon as possible..but don't know how to tell them)

Khushi became very happy learning that anjali had moved on in her life. She couldn't hold her excitement anymore and ran to her room and anjali was obviously not aware that khushi heard it. Arnav was working on his laptop when she stormed in.

Khushi: arnavji..kya kar rahe hai aap? (arnavji...what are you doing?)

Arnav said sarcastically: football khel raha hoon..(playing football)

Khushi: haan to baad mein kheliyena.. And realised he was fooling her..(play later)

Khushi: dekhiye hum is waqt mazak ke mood mein nehi hai..hum yahaan aapse ek zaruri baat kehene aaye hain..jo ki aapke is business business khel se zyada zaruri hai..(I am in no mood to joke...I have come here to tell you something very important....more than your business business game..)

Arnav looked up and said: what the... Business business khel...khushi tum janti...(what the..business business...you know...)

Khushi: hum jantey hai..lekin aap nehi jantey...(I know...but you don't know)

Arnav: kya?? (what??) 

Khushi clapped her hand once and said: hamarey pass ek aisi khabar hai jo sunke aap khushi se pagal ho jayenge..(I have a news which would make you mad with happiness)

Arnav chuckled: oh really? Aisi kya khabar hai tumharey pass?salman khan ne tumhe dinner pe bulaya kya? (oh really? What news do you have? Did salman invite you for dinner?)

Khushi: dekhiye aap hamarey salmanji pe mat jaiye...(don't talk about my salman)

She said: aap ko hamari baat sunni hai ya nehi? (you want to listen to me or not)

Arnav shrugged his shoulder: not that I have a choice...

Khushi rolled her eyes. Arnav said: ohkay ohkay kaho..(ohkay ohkay say...)

Khushi: di ko pyaar ho gaya! (di is in love) 

Arnav: what!!di ko? Pyaar? Khushi tum yeh...(what? Di? In love? What are you..)

Khushi grinned: haan arnavji hum yeh baat khud di ke muh se sun ke aa rahe hai...woh abhi abhi rishabji se kahey rahi thi ki woh unse bohot pyaar karti hai (I have heard di say ti rishab that she loves him a lot)

Arnav: rishab? Khushi are you sure ki yehi baat hai...I mean tumse sunne mein koi galti to nehi hui na...(rishab? Are you sure? I hope there is no mistake)

Khushi: nehi arnavji..humne di ko khud kehetey huye suna...(I have heard di say this)

Hum bata nehi saktey arnavji ki hum di ke liye kitne khush hai..(I cant tell you how happy I am)

Arnav: lekin di ne to hum sabko yeh baat...(but di didn't tell us) 

Khushi: shayed woh khud kehene mein hichkicha rahi hai... Koi baat nehi arnavji..to kya hua agar di humse nehi kahey paa rahi hai..hum to unse kahey saktey hai na...(may be she is hesitating to tell us...but never mind...so what if she didn't tell us..we can say na)

Arnav: matlab? (meaning?) 

Khushi: matlab yeh ki...(means...)

She paused and said:aap apna kaan idhar laiye (bring your ears near)

Arnav: what?? Lekin..(what??but...)

Khushi: laaiye naa...(bring na...) 

Arnav: ohkay... 

He brought his ears near. Khushi whispered something in his ears.

Arnav heard and said: what the...yeh baat tum zor se bhi kahey sakti thi..yahaan hum dono ke ilava koi nehi hai..(what the...you could have said this loudly...there is no one apart from both of us here..)

Khushi: humey pata hai..lekin aapko shayed nehi pata deewaron ke bhi kaan hotey hai (I know..but don't don't you know that even walls have ears)

Arnav laughed and said: what? Deewaron ke kaan? Khushi..I mean..are u serious? ?(what?? Walls have ears??)

Khushi: zyada hasiye mat..aap samajh gaye na hum ne jo kaha? Koi garbar nehi honi chahiye..(don't laugh? Have you understood what you have to do? There shouldn't be any goof ups)

Arnav raised an eyebrow and said: order de rahi ho mujhe? (are you ordering me?)

Khushi: haan to?(yes so?) 

Arnav: khushi tumhe sab kuch bhulne ki buri aadat hai..itni baar tumhe saaza mil chuki hai fir bhi har baar galti karti ho asr se ulajhne ki... He smirked (you have a bad habit of forgeting things...and you have been punished so many times for messing with asr)

Khushi nervously said: hum samjhe nehi (I didn't understand)

Arnav: koi baat nehi...main samjha deta hoon.. Come...He said in a flirtatious tone again while closing in.(no problem...let me explain...come)

Khushi pushed him a little and ran out of the room. He stood there with a smile.

Khushi went and told the rest of the family about it. Everyone was happy to know this and excited about khushi's plan.

Next day was anjali's birthday. Khushi was sleeping peacefully in arnav's arms when the sunrays peeped in their room waking her up. She opened her eyes slowly and looked at arnav who was hugging her tightly and sleeping. For few minutes she caressed his face, the suddenly realised that she forgot to call rishab last night. 

Khushi sat up with a jerk: hey devi maaiya...(oh god)

Arnav also woke up with khushi's scream and said: what the..kya hua khushi?(what the...what happened khushi?)

Khushi: arnavji humne to rishabji ko phone kiya hi nehi...jaldi se aapna phone dijiye na...(I have not called rishabji...give your phone quickly)

Arnav looked at the watch and said: khushi abhi subah ke panch baje hai...tum is waqt rishab ko phone karogi?? (khushi it is 5o'clock in the morning...you want to call him now?)

Khushi: arnavji unhe batana to hai na...(we have to tell him...)

Arnav pulled her down on the bed and said by wrapping his arms around her: khushi abhi chup chap so jao..

Khushi: par arnavji...(but arnavji...) 

Arnav put his fingers on her lips and said: shhh...

Then rested his chin on her head and said: kabhi kabhi main sochta hoon ki what will happen when we'l have kids..(sometimes I wonder what will happen when we will have kids)

Khushi: matlab? (meaning?) 

Arnav: matlab..do do bachhey kaise sambhalunga main?how will I manage? (how will I manage two two kids..)

Khushi: do do..??(two two?) 

Arnav smiled his lopsided smile: ek woh aur ek tum..(yeah one our baby and one you)

Khushi hit him on his chest and smiled.