Part 11

The days passed with both the families getting busy with wedding preparations. Khushi quite often came to shantivan and nani liked her a lot. She said to anjali: anjali bitiya kitna achha hota na ki agar payal bitiya ke sath sath khushi bitiya bhi iss ghar maa bahu banke aati (it would have been so nice if khushi also became a part of this family)

Anjali said: haan nani...lekin chhotey...humey nehi lagta ki chhotey shaadi ke liye razi hoga (yes..but I don't think he will agree)

Nani: haan..hum janat hai..lekin ekbar baat karke dekh sakat hai...(I know..but we can talk to him once)

Anjali: thik hai nani (ok)

Nani: thik hai fir taaiyer raha ki aj shaam ko hum chhotey se baat karenge.(ok then we will talk to him in the evening)

Khushi came in the evening with to discuss something about the wedding preparations. It has been 5 days since the engagement day and she had not met arnav. The intimate moment on the engagement day was still very fresh in her memory and everytime she thought how close she was to arnav her heart went crazy. After a while arnav came back from office. He saw khushi sitting with nani and anjalli and stopped for a while. Their eyes met, and khushi was surprised to see him smile and say a 'hi' to her. Anjali and nani exchanged looks. Even they were surprised to see arnav greet someone so politely.

Anjali whispered to nani and said: nani kyun na hum chhotey aur khushiji ko thodi der ke liye akela chhor de.(why don't we leave both of them alone for sometime)

Nani: ee achha rahega bitiya (this will be good)

Anjali said aloud: chhotey tum yahaan baitho..hum tumharey liye coffee bhejtey hai (sit here..i am sending coffee for you)

Khushi got up and said: anjalii humey ab chalna chahiye (I should leave now)

Anjali said: nehi...hamara matlab aapko hum bina chaye piye nehi jaaney denge..aap baithiye hum abhi aye (no..i mean..i would not let you go without having a cup of tea..you sit..i am coing just now)

Before khushi could protest anjali went away and then called out for nani: nani aap ek minute yahaan aaiyega (nani come here once)

Khushi and arnav were left alone in the living area. Khushi started fidgeting with her dupattaa while arnav took out his phone and started looking at it. They didn't know what to say. They stole glances at each other and khushi gave some nervous smile. Then khushi thought that she had to speak up as the silence was getting really awkward.

Khushi thought of a lot of things in her mind and ended up asking: aap shaadi mein aa rahe hai na? and immediately understood what a stupid thing she had asked. (are you coming for the wedding?)

Arnav looked up and said: excuse me? Shaadi mere bhai ki hai to obviously..(its my brothers marriage)

Khushi fumbled and covered up: haan..hum jantey hai is sawal poochne ke liye aap humey pagal samjhenge lekin iske peechey bhi ek wajah hai (yes..i know you will think I am crazy because I asked this question)

Arnav; oh really? What?

Khushi muttered: what nehi what the...hey devi maaiya ab hum kya karein... and then she saw hariprakash, the savior coming with the tea. Her eyes shone as she said aloud: hariprakashji!!! (oh God..what do I do now...)

Arnav was taken aback. He said: excuse me?

Khushi said: hariprakashji aap kitna kaam kartey hai...laaiye humey dijiye. She took the tray from him and was about to drop it when arnav quickly stood up and held it saying: wait!! (you do so much work..give it to me)

With his support khushi steadied a bit, but her heart and her breathing was not steady anymore with the touch of his hand on hers. She looked at him. Arnav took the tray from her and kept it down, then looked at her and smiled a lopsided smile and said: ajeeb ho tum (you are strange)