Chapter 21

Angus' POV

Gemma and I had just spent the weekend visiting her mum and step dad in Holmes Chapel, since we lived in London she didn't get to see them as much as she used to.

Majority of the three and a half hour drive consisted of listening to my fiance belt out the entire top forty, while stuffing her face on the bag of junk she made me buy from the service station.

It didn't bother me though, since moving here I didn't take any second I had with her for granted, and I would take her bad rendition of the newest Ed Sheeran song, over being apart from her on the other side of the world any day.

I thought about Harry's call earlier inviting all over us down to Australia in a couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, the guy was very generous and was always putting others' happiness before his own, but there was something very suss about him flying us over suddenly.

From what I remembered while looking at their tour schedule, he wasn't even meant to be in Australia for that week. The whole thing was weird, and I had a feeling he and Jen were up to something, or had something they wanted to tell us, I just didn't know what.

Jen being pregnant was a highly unlikely conclusion, and he said they weren't getting married so that really left little room for possible explanation. Unless Jen was sick and they wanted to tell us in person and not over Skype. Doubtful though, I was probably over thinking and just trying to block Gemma's singing out. I loved her, but she was no Whitney Houston.

As the sun shone through the window, her diamond ring reflected into the corner of my eye, and I looked over to her smiling that that was my ring on her finger.

This time last year I wouldn't even have dreamed that I would be living in the UK, let alone engaged to be married. When I met Gem, obviously I was drawn to her physically, she was hot without a doubt, but as we continued to date I fell harder for her every day.

When I proposed last year, it wasn't something I had really planned on doing, it kind of just happened and I had absolutely no regrets about it. It felt right at the time, and it still did to this very day.

We hadn't even started planning the wedding, she hadn't mentioned it to me yet, and I didn't want to make her feel pressured into getting married any time soon. When I proposed I clearly told her we could wait as long as she wanted, so I decided to wait until she was ready and I would go along with what she wanted.

This Australian trip inspired me though, what better time to get married than when we had both families together in the same country. I was fine with just having my parents, her parents, and Jen and Harry there to witness it, hell I would marry her in a courthouse tomorrow if she agreed to it. I didn't know how she would feel about my idea though, so I was a little hesitant to bring it up with her.

"Gem," I finally worked up the confidence to break her away from her Doritos and mini concert she was putting on.

"Yeah?" She turned the music down and looked at me.

"I was just thinking..."

"Now I'm scared," she got smart.

"You're funny babe, no seriously I was just thinking about this trip down to Australia."

"What about it? You're not overanalysing why Harry is flying us down again are you? Because if you are please let me out of this car because I don't want to listen to another one of your crazy theories..."

"Can you relax!" I cut her off and laughed.

"Then what?"

"I was just thinking of how we can make it memorable that's all," I told her.