Chapter 53

Jen's POV

The awards show was pretty boring, except for the boys' performance of course.

GThey weren't really my thing, I would have preferred sitting at home and fast forwarding to the parts I actually wanted to watch. Plus I wasn't seated anywhere near Harry or the girls, which made it even more boring.

Angus was on social media majority of the show, so I was pretty much sitting here alone wishing it would hurry up and end.

5SOS won an award, and I looked over to where Sam was seated to see her reaction. She didn't do anything, I don't even think I saw her clap. We were only here a couple more days, I wanted her to sort things out with Calum, not pretend he didn't exist.

"Is this shit nearly over? I'm craving a beer and my arse is going numb from sitting for so long," Angus leant over and whispered.

"Well the program says they have one more award then Taylor's closing the show, so yeah I guess," I answered, relieved this thing was almost done with.

The boys took out the final award for the night for song of the year, and I knew Harry would be happy because he always appreciated those industry awards the most. He said it was like his tick of approval in the business.

The camera crew ran towards Angus and I, and filmed us standing and clapping for them. I always felt uncomfortable with a camera in my face, ironic considering I was a TV presenter.

I just didn't know what was so fascinating about me clapping for my boyfriend winning an award. They remained around me all through the speech, and as awkward as it was, I pretended as if they weren't there and just listened to what the guys were saying.

Harry's eyes wondered around the crowd scanning it, until his eyes met mine. He kept looking until Liam wrapped up the speech, then blew me a kiss before turning away and walking off the stage.

"Cute how Harry blew me a kiss, what a cutie," Angus teased, and I just rolled my eyes.

The show finally ended after Taylor sang Style. I did like her, but I wasn't exactly fond of the song, for obvious reasons. No one really enjoys sitting and watching a girl sing about her relationship with your boyfriend.

I did like the song when it first came out, but since her interview and her explanation behind the song, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy it anymore.

"Shit song," Angus turned to me and said, and this time I laughed.

"You play this song all the time, are you just trying to make me feel better?"

"Maybe, but it's still a shit song," he smiled and we stood to meet up with everyone else before the after party.

...

"Harry do you want a shot mate?" Liam tried to hand Harry a small glass of some kind of brown liquid, to which he shook his head.

"Why aren't you drinking?" I pulled him down so I could ask. The music was so loud in this club, I couldn't even hear myself think.

"Because you're not drinking, so I don't want to be either. I can go sober for the remaining five to six months," he responded, and I found him to be cute, but I didn't want him to hold back from having fun for me.

This was his last night as a band with Zayn, I wanted him to celebrate and go crazy. He'd held my hair back his fair share of times from my morning sickness- helping him if he was sick after tonight was the least I could do.

"Liam pass me the shot," I held my hand out to grab it. He gave me a weird look, as if to say "are you joking?", then he looked to Harry who was glaring at me in disapproval.