Chapter 54

Sam's POV

LA was not as fun as I was hoping it was going to be. Partly because the one night I was out with Kirstin she was all over Luke, and partly because Calum was here and I desperately wanted to talk to him, but couldn't.

Too much had happened since I saw him last, and sitting here at this after party was the first time I had seen him since we broke up.

I was glad my friend was happy to be back with her boyfriend, I knew she never stopped loving him, and apparently he felt the same. After that night at dinner I spent the day with her the next day, and all she did was text him the entire time.

I guess they spent last night together, and now here they were, making out like they had never broken up.

My cousin Willow and I took a seat at the table next to Kirstin and the boys', I couldn't sit with them and pretend like seeing Calum wasn't tearing every inch of me up inside. ️Plus to make matters worse, Carissa the vile cow was there too.

"This party sucks dude," I whined to Willow, who seemed to be in some kind of staring competition with one of Calum's friends from another band.

"Hello? Earth to Willow! Why are you staring at him? You have a boyfriend, remember?" I waved my hand in front of her face, and she turned to face me again.

"What?" She finally started paying attention to me, and I shook my head.

"Don't worry," I laughed, calling the waiter over to give me a glass of whatever was on his tray right now.

"Hey you," Tye, one of the members of the band Cal was friends with came over to me, along with his other band mates. James, the one staring Willow down, took a seat next to her, and they began talking like they were old friends.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here? You weren't at the awards were you?" Tye's band wasn't huge, they were more of a club and pub type of band, with a small fan base.

I'd met them before when they came down to Australia, they were cool guys, but Tye was known for being a bit of a douche when it came to girls. He was a root and boot type of guy, but he was very attractive so I understood why the girls swooned over him.

"Nah we weren't there, we know the owner of the club so he gave us some passes to come tonight. What are you doing in LA? You're a long way from home goldie locks," he nudged me.

"My sister was working on the red carpet, she's a presenter for MTV, she let me come up with her," I told him.

"Oh who's your sister?" He asked. He hadn't met Jen, so he wouldn't have known her or who she was.

"She's just over there, the girl in the white dress," I pointed over to Jen through the crack in the crowd, and Tye looked in the direction of my finger.

"The chick next to Harry Styles?" He asked and I nodded.

"That's her boyfriend."

"No way! So you sisters like the boy bands I see," he laughed. I wasn't sure he knew Cal and I were no longer together.

"I'm kind of trying to not date boy bands right now, or ever again really."

"You and Cal have a falling out or something?"

"Uh yeah, I've had a boyfriend since him, kind of. We're not on speaking terms anymore, the whole situation is so whatever," I rolled my eyes, and called the waiter over to give me another drink.

Tye and I continued drinking a little, and talking about life since we saw each other last. I saw Calum looking at me from the corner of my eye occasionally, but I ignored him.