Chapter 57

Jen's POV

"I missed that," I laid my head against Harry's sweat covered chest, drawing circles over his sparrows with my index finger.

"You act like we haven't had sex in a while," he scoffed at my confession.

"No not that, I just mean I've missed just having a meaningful conversation like that, and making love to you. You know what I mean? Lately it's just all about getting ourselves off, there was never any meaning behind it."

Being with Harry always meant something of course, but it had been a while since we just made love to connect, to remind ourselves we would always have each other in good and bad times.

"I get it, I guess somewhere along the way we stopped using sex as a way to show our love. It doesn't mean I didn't love you any less every second of those times though, compared to today," he reached his hand over to my face, brushing my hair out of my face.

"I know," I smiled up at him, hating that I had to leave tomorrow.

This distance was working better than I thought it was going to, but I still missed him every single day we weren't together. Technically he was on break now, but work never stopped.

He had obligations to fulfil with the bands' new album, more award shows to attend, more interviews and other work related ventures. Harry was very career focused, and I never wanted to make him choose between it and me.

So I made the most of moments like these, I was sort of glad I told him about my uncle Paul. It felt good to tell someone, especially him.

"I like when you open up about your past, I like to know everything about you, both good and bad. You know you can talk to me about anything whenever you want right?"

"Yeah I know, sometimes I just don't like to talk about my past. It's not horrible, but I've had some bad memories. You know about my two worst, my uncle and Jake."

I hated Jake with everything in me, he took something from me that wasn't his. He made it hard for me to trust guys again, that's why I never had a boyfriend until Harry. Even that was a rocky start with me pushing him away.

"Jake is a piece of shit, and never deserved you. I wish I could erase that from your past, and I wish I could have been your first."

"You were in the way that counted. He may have stolen my virginity from me, but you stole my heart and still have it, that's all that matters to me at the end of the day. Anyone can have sex, but only true lovers can make love like we did that night on the boat."

"How did I get so lucky to be given you? Who do I thank for that?"

"MTV," I joked, referring to my boss that sent Angus and I out on the assignment to cover the Midnight Memories music video.

"Thank you MTV!" Harry screamed out, and I laughed at how ridiculously cute he was.

"Babe you're ridiculous," I tapped his chest, lifting myself up to lay on top of him, using my forearms to lift myself high enough to look down at him.

"Hi," he smiled while pinching my nose, a playful action of his I loved.

"Hey...so do you have anything planned for the rest of the day?"

"I was thinking I would go into the shop and sell my bike today, just so you can go home tomorrow with that peace of mind," he explained his plans, and I couldn't help but break eye contact when he reminded me of leaving tomorrow.

"What's wrong?" He tilted my chin towards him, forcing me to look back at him.

"No nothing, I'm fine," I fake smiled, knowing full well he wouldn't buy it, but trying to brush off my mood change anyway.