Chapter 10

Jen's POV

"Pregnant? I can't be pregnant I haven't, we haven't, but I..." My mind was a complete blur right now. The only time I'd had sex was a month ago with Harry. I was still on birth control, so I didn't understand how this could have happened.

"I can answer anything you need Miss Taylor, I assume this was unexpected?" The doctor took a seat with us, and I couldn't think of a single question to ask. Everything was a complete mess in my mind, and Harry hadn't said a word since the results were given.

"I'm on birth control!" I said. I felt myself becoming emotional again, this had to be some kind of mistake, I couldn't be pregnant.

"Birth control is quite effective in preventing a pregnancy when taken daily, but it doesn't guarantee 100% protection," the doctor stated. I took my pills daily, at least I thought I had.

I thought back to that day, and I vaguely remember thinking I'd take the pill when I got home from the awards as I always took it before bed, not at all thinking I'd end up sleeping with Harry instead. I hadn't known missing just one would affect me, I was twenty two and never looked into that stuff considering I hadn't thought about having a child any time soon.

"I just don't understand, I've had no symptoms and I've had my period since that night!" I was so confused, and with Harry's silence in the whole situation, I felt completely alone in dealing with this huge news.

"It's common not to experience any kind of symptoms. A lot of women aren't even aware they are pregnant until about two months into the pregnancy. Periods are still common in the early stages of fertilisation in some women, which can also contribute to them being unaware of conception." I couldn't believe this was happening, this wasn't real! I had just assumed my stress and lack of eating had caused the dizziness and fainting, I would have never guessed there was something greater to it.

"So does my fainting have anything to do with the pregnancy? Is my baby okay?" I was now concerned for my child I had just been told I was carrying, and I felt weird referring to it as "my baby", but that's what it was, my baby.

Our baby.

Harry still hadn't said anything, he was still holding onto my hand, and every time I glanced over to him he seemed to be paying attention to what the doctor was saying. That was a good sign at least.

"Feeling light headed and fainting are symptoms of pregnancy, from what your friend has told me you seemed to be under some stress at the time, so that mixed with your high blood pressure could have contributed to your blacking out. As for your baby, I can bring up a quick scan to make sure everything looks okay, but your blood work shows your hormone levels are fine, but just to be safe we'll have a look inside. If you'll just follow me into the room, I'll set it all up and put your mind at ease Miss Taylor." The doctor stood and Harry helped me off the bed, wrapping an arm around me as the doctor lead us to another room.

"I'll just be a minute, take a seat up on the bed and we'll get started once I get back!" I nodded and Harry helped me up, retaking a seat next to me holding my hand.

"You haven't said anything, what's going through your mind?" I finally broke the silence between us.

"I just don't know what to say right now, it's a bit to process. How do you feel about it?" He was surprisingly calm, and that kind of eased my nerves a little bit knowing he didn't seem to be too overwhelmed by all of this and run for the hills.

"I'm shocked, I mean I didn't think that night would turn into this! When you asked if you needed to, you know, wear anything..."

"A condom!" He said for me and smiled.