Chapter 17

Jen's POV

"Jen there you are!" Sam walked over to me when Harry and I re entered the dressing room.

"Miss me already?" I joked with her.

"Yeah heaps," she rolled her eyes, "look this is serious I need to tell you something!" Sam was the type of person that was always goofing around, and her smile never left her face, so I knew by the look she was giving me that this wasn't going to be good news.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Can we maybe talk in private?" She glanced over at Harry, clearly being uncomfortable with his presence right now.

"Um yeah I guess..." I looked at her confused, and Harry nodded for me to walk away with my sister, as he joined the others in whatever game that had them so riled up.

"Okay so what's happened?" I asked her when we got to the corner of the room away from everyone.

"Bella just texted me, she's coming over to the apartment tomorrow to get the rest of her things," she informed me.

Bella and I weren't exactly on speaking terms anymore. We didn't fight, I didn't even resent her, we kind of just grew apart while I was on tour. We'd been best friends for years, and I never thought our relationship would strain, but I felt as though since she started dating her boyfriend last year she pulled away and gave him all of her attention.

She moved out last year while I was gone, and never got in contact with me. I guess I never tried to get in contact with her either, and since Bella was the type of friend who didn't use social media, I had no idea what was going on in her life anymore.

"Right, do you and Bella talk often?" I asked her.

"No not at all, this is the first I've heard from her! Katie told me she saw her with some new guy shopping in the city, and they were holding hands. I guess she has a new boyfriend or something."

Katie was one of Sam's best friends, and the type of person who knew everything about everyone. It was kind of sad I had to find this information out about the girl who was meant to be my best friend, from my sisters very own Perez Hilton.

"It's kind of sad how everything turned out, I mean everything was cool before I left for tour, now it's all turned to shit. I miss my best friend, she was always there for me and now she's a stranger. I need her especially now that, you know, but I can't even share this part of my life with her because she clearly doesn't want anything to do with me."

I was sad, and I was trying so hard to keep it together. I knew Bella had left behind a whole lot of stuff at the apartment when she moved out, so I always knew she would have to come back one day. Now that that day was here, I knew I would probably never see her again.

Everything was so bittersweet right now. I had just gotten back with Harry, and we were having a baby together, but at the same time I was officially losing my best friend. I could have tried harder with her, I could have flown her out to the U.S or something, but it was too late now to dwell on the could have, would have and should have's.

"That's just life dude, you don't need part time friends! She wasn't there for you when you and Harry broke up the second time, she was barely even there for you the first time! She was always too busy with her boyfriend, and it's her own problem that your friendship ended. You have Harry and me through this and Cal, and you have Ava and Mason, and mum of course! You have everyone in this room, and that's all that matters!"

She was right, I still had a lot of people that cared about me and clearly wanted me in their lives, so I had to stop worrying about my past and focus on my future. I'd see her tomorrow and hopefully she would be up for a conversation, and maybe we could repair our damaged friendship.