Chapter 58

Jen's POV

It was good to be back in the familiarity of the office. Unlike a lot of people, I quite enjoyed my workplace and keeping myself busy, it kept me from thinking about the distance between Harry and I.

"Hey mama, how's my girl?" Mason took a seat on my desk. His face was my favourite to see around the building, I always missed him when I was away.

I didn't get much of a chance to talk to him while I was in LA, so he had no idea about the scare Harry and I had.

"Mama?" I laughed at his choice of wording.

"Well you are a mama, soon anyway! Can't believe Harry announced it, I didn't think you guy's would be doing that any time soon, the internet's been going into meltdown. Everyone around the office has been talking about it, you're the talk of the town," he laughed at my sudden rise in popularity around the office.

"Is that why everyone's staring at me, and why Rose brought me one of her home made fruit smoothies? She barely talks to me, now all of a sudden she's giving me gifts in the form of fruity drinks?" I laughed at my earlier encounter.

"You're kidding," Mason picked the drink up, analysing the content in the glass jar. "Trying to suck up now, hope these people don't think you're holding open auditions for a new best friend!"

"What a good idea, I should do that, my current one's getting a little out dated," I joked with him, receiving a look of worry in return since he took me seriously.

"I'm kidding, I know a fake person when I see one," I took his hand in a comforting manner, letting him know he was the only best friend I needed.

Before we could continue the conversation, Ava had popped her head out of her office, calling me over to have a chat.

Excusing myself, I made my way over to her, taking a seat as she shut the door behind her.

"Welcome back Jen, I saw the footage from the red carpet, you did an amazing job like I expected, did you have a good trip?" She praised me, like she always did.

I never had any problems with Ava, she was more like a friend than a boss. She'd been supportive of me and my relationship since the start of my pregnancy, and allowed me the time off I needed, as well as convenient trips to LA.

"Thanks, and yeah it was an interesting trip. Thank-you for letting me go, I know you could have chosen anyone for it."

"Well I'm a sucker for romance, I know how long distance works, so if I can do anything to help you out I will. You mentioned the trip was interesting, would that have something to do with a certain instagram post?" She wiggled her eyebrows, trying not to crack a laugh.

"Partly," I smiled in response. "On the first night there Harry and I got into an argument, long story short I had a bit of a scare and we had to go to the hospital. Pap's caught Harry holding my stomach, they shopped the photos around, now they're going to be released.

We had two choices; one- we let the media control this whole pregnancy, and let the world keep speculating. Or two- we announce it our way, before the photo's are released."

"I'm sorry it came down to that, these paparazzi are pests. I wasn't informed of the photographs, so I wasn't aware of them, but I guess that is actually relevant to what I need to talk to you about right now."

"Okay..." I was curious as to what the true meaning behind this conversation was.

"You know we are part of the media, and part of our job as an entertainment program is to deliver news from the entertainment industry. You're one of our news broadcasters, so how you want this to work is up to you.