Chapter 61

Jen's POV

Harry's fingers were drawing light patterns over my stomach, waking me up from one of the best sleeps I had had in weeks. I always slept better with him, and judging by my recent sleepless nights, my theory was proving to be true.

He hadn't noticed I had opened my eyes, watching him watch his hand over my bump. He had a small smile on his face, in turn making me smile at how happy I knew my pregnancy made him.

I'd thought it countless times before, but Harry really was going to be an incredible father. Seeing him smile whenever he thought about it was my favourite sight. I couldn't wait to see the smile on his face as he held our baby in his arms.

I reached up and tucked a loose ringlet behind his ear, capturing his attention.

"Good morning beautiful," he smiled even larger than before, kissing me gently to start my day off.

"Good morning, did you sleep well?" I asked him, snuggling into his chest again.

"I always sleep better with you next to me. So are you catching up with the girls today?"

"Why do you assume that?" I questioned him.

"Because I know you don't have work today, and I know what you women are like. Besides I have my own plans today."

"Do you have a secret girlfriend I'm unaware of?" I teased.

"Yeah, her names Lauren and she looks like you, just an older blonder version," he laughed, knowing full well I wasn't actually serious.

"So you'd rather hang out with my mum than me?"

"I promised her last night I would come over today and help her start packing the house up, and moving stuff over to the other house. We want you to be moved in before I leave."

Everything was happening so fast, I only found out last night I was the new owner of a house. I loved this apartment, it held so many memories, good and bad, but none the less memories I would keep with me forever.

I was happy that my sister was moving in with me, I couldn't imagine living in that big house by myself, while Harry was on the road.

"Oh okay, well yeah I made plans to have brunch and shop a little with El and Soph. I still can't believe you flew them here, I can't believe you're here! When do you leave again?"

"Friday, I have to be at an awards show on Sunday in LA. It's kind of a big deal since it's the first appearance without Zayn. I can't really be f*cked with the band right now, I would much rather stay here," he sighed.

I knew he hated being away from me, but I couldn't help but sense there was more behind that sigh. Whenever we spoke on the phone, he never really mentioned work or what was happening in the band, so I had no idea what was going on in his mind.

"Why do I feel like something's wrong? It's not like you to not want to be with the boys. Are you still upset over Zayn leaving?"

"Not exactly. I mean of course I miss having him around, but he chose to leave and he seems happier without us. There's just so much awkward tension with Louis. His argument with Zayn is causing unnecessary attention online, and I'm sick of the childish behaviour.

We're a band, there's four of us left, we're meant to be sticking together and ignoring outside opinions. I know Louis means well, he's defending himself, but I think both he and Zayn need to realise we were brothers for five years, don't throw that away because your pride is getting in the way.

It's just a shit situation, I feel like I'm in the middle of a battle, and I'm on neither side. I have other things to worry about, much more important things, I don't need to be around the constant complaining, backstabbing and childish remarks. You know what I mean?"