Chapter 5

Jen's POV

"I can't f*cking believe him!" Gemma huffed as she watched her brother walk out.

As hurt as I was, and as much as it killed me inside that Harry had walked out without a word to me, I kind of understood why. He was under the impression Mason and I were dating, I didn't help that assumption by holding his hand right for Harry to see.

"I'll go after him!" Niall made his way down the stairs.

"No, I'll go!" Being brave, I decided I should be the one to go after him, explain to him nothing was going on between Mason and I. He would have to believe it if it came from me.

"You're sure you want to go after him when he's in a mood like that?" Gemma asked me, showing her concern.

"I think i'm the only one who can calm him down right now, as ridiculous as that may sound considering I'm the reason he left, but I know why he left, and I should explain everything."

"Do you want me to come?" Mason squeezed my hand. His comfort was always appreciated, but this was something I had to do on my own.

"No, I'll be fine. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? He might tell me to piss off but it's not like he can flee the building, he has to perform," I shrugged, acting like a million butterflies wern't floating around my stomach right now.

Angus, Gemma, Niall and Mason all gave each other worried glances at my decision, but nodded when they too realized I should be the one to go after him.

"I'll be back," I excused myself, lifting the bottom of my dress to allow me to jog over to the door.

The foyer was empty, everyone had already made their way inside since the show was about to begin, so it couldn't have been that hard to find him. I looked around and reached three dead ends until I saw a door which lead to the balcony outside. As I got closer I saw Harry's back to me, his head bowed down, clenching the railing in his hands.

I let my dress down, shaking my hands out to calm myself down, took a few deep breaths in then finally worked up the courage to open the door.

His head popped up at the sound of my heels against the concrete floor, and he glanced at me sideways before turning away to wipe his face. I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say. I hadn't spoken to him in over four months, nothing I could think of was worthy enough for our first words of communication again. I couldn't exactly say "Hi, how are you?" because I could see exactly how he was.

The silence between us was deafening, and if neither of us said anything soon I don't think I'd be able to handle it anymore.

"Answer me one question," he finally spoke, still not making eye contact with me.

"Mmm?" I hummed, not trusting my own voice right now to speak.

"Do you love him?"

"What?" I asked him surprised that would be the first thing he would say to me.

"You heard me, do you love him?" he repeated.

"Of course I do, he's my best friend!" I answered him.

"You don't think you moved on too quickly?" Who did he think he was judging me for moving on with my life, not that I had, but to his knowledge I had.

"What makes you think I moved on?" I asked, growing annoyed he still couldn't look at me.

"Please, I've seen you uploading photo's with him for months, I saw you with him in bed yesterday, and today you're flaunting your relationship right in my face! Why do you think I think you have moved on?" The tone in his voice didn't sit well with me, and I was just growing extremely angry with him right now for speaking to me like he meant nothing to me and I just moved on with the next guy.