Chapter 13

Jen's POV

Harry and I made our way down the stairs once I was dressed. It was now or never to have this conversation with my dad. I could have kept this hidden for another few months, until I started to show, but I knew the longer I left it the more hurt he would be that not only I, but my mum had kept this from him.

"Jen! What the hell is going on with you?" My sister ran up to me and hugged me before I could even get down the final step.

"I'm fine, chill!" I laughed and detached myself from her.

"What's this about? Mum doesn't call family meetings very often!" She looked at me seeking answers.

"You'll find out soon! Hey Cal," I smiled at him as he stood awkwardly in the hall watching us.

"Hey you all good?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, are you staying for the meeting too?"

"Ah no, I just drove Sammy down that's all," I could tell he felt like it wasn't really his place to be here, but he was practically family too. Calum had become like a younger brother to me over the year. He knew everything about my relationship with Harry, so finding out about the pregnancy with the rest of the family only seemed right.

"I'd like it if you could stay for it, if you're not busy that is," I extended the invitation to him.

"I don't want to intrude," he hesitated.

"Cal I want you here for it please, you're family too, and what we have to talk about I want you to know about. Please stay?" I assured him I wanted him here. If he and Sam were going to be together for the rest of their lives, which I knew they would be, this baby would be a big part of his life too.

"You're sure?" He asked again.

"Calum mate we want you here!" Harry interjected.

"Wait a minute, do you know what this meetings about? Are you two getting married or something?" Sam interrogated us.

"No," I laughed and shook my head.

"Jen, your father's waiting for you all outside, there's breakfast on the table. Calum are you staying sweetheart?" My mum joined us in the hall and Cal looked to me for one last assurance he belonged here.

"Yes mum he's staying," I answered for him.

"Great, Samantha could you get Calum a plate and head outside with your father, we'll be out in a minute," she instructed her, and Sam took Cal's hand and headed into the kitchen.

"Jen please tread lightly, you know your father has been very supportive of your relationship together, but he's still very protective of you. He may not react how you hope right away, but you're his little girl still. Be patient with him, if he says something you don't want to hear please don't snap back at him, just understand this will be a shock to him," my mum said in a whisper.

"I know mum," I nodded, understanding completely what she was saying.

"So are you two back on or what?" She looked from me to Harry and smiled like a teenage girl seeking her gossip fix.

"Mum can we talk about that later!" I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, I've been waiting for you two to get back together for months now!" She pouted.

"We're back together!" Harry answered her, and she let out a god awful screech in response, pulling us both into her for a hug.

"Get it together mum!" I laughed at her excitement, and she pulled away and readjusted her clothing which had ridden up in her mini spaz.