Chapter 46

Sam's POV

I was really enjoying being with Jayden. He was sweet, understanding, and very patient with me. On paper he was the perfect guy.

We hadn't labeled what we were, on my part anyway. He referred to me as "his girl", but I didn't quite know what to call him when people asked what was going on between us.

He had been a good distraction from my last relationship break down. That was my past, and when I was with Jayden I didn't even think of the guy I dated before him.

My sister told me it was unhealthy to block him out of my thoughts, and just forget what we had, but I couldn't just sit around and wish for my old life back when I didn't even know if I wanted it anymore.

I'll never regret my relationship with Calum, I learnt a lot from it. A small part of my heart will always belong to him, but right now I was content with my life, and content with him not being in it.

"This picnic is cute babe, did you make these sandwiches yourself? Or should I thank Subway for my dinner?" Jayden smiled at me, taking a bite of the dinner I prepared for us.

"I'm a good chef thank you very much! I made these myself!" I defended myself, acting hurt he would suggest I didn't make these.

"Okay okay, I believe you," he chuckled at my defensive attitude.

We were in the park across from my apartment for the afternoon, while my sister and Harry were at her appointment.

I loved spending time with Jayden, and I loved that I could sit in a park with someone, and not be interrupted by a frantic girl asking my date for a photo.

It was different dating a normal guy. Dating Calum was all I knew. The fans, unwanted attention, media gossip and intrusive update accounts were my life for over a year.

It was nice to just be normal again, to just be Sam Taylor, as opposed to Sammy Taylor Calum Hood's girlfriend. I was getting my independence, and my own identity back, and I was happy.

"Babe you have a little something on your face," Jayden laughed and pointed to the corner of my mouth.

"Where?" I tried to find it with my tongue, but clearly failed since he was still laughing.

He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss, "got it!" He pulled back away, and now I knew he was just trying to find a way to kiss me.

"You're a goof," I shook my head, and we finished off our dinner before I sat back into him, enjoying the beautiful April breeze.

"Sam..." He spoke, and I looked up at him.

"Mmm?"

"Are you happy? You know...with me?" He asked, and I was confused by why he would even ask that. Did I not seem like I was? Because I was, I was so happy.

"Yeah of course I am, are you happy with me?" I turned the tables.

"Yeah, the happiest I've been in a long time. I know we haven't been seeing each other too long, but I know what I want, and that's you. I don't know what you want, or how you feel about this, but I want you to be my girlfriend."

My heart momentarily stopped, and a feeling came over me that wasn't exactly happiness.

I liked Jayden, but I don't think I was ready to jump into another relationship this quickly. It was one thing to spend time with him, and have him distract me from my sad thoughts, but it was another to actually be exclusive with him.

Part of me was holding back from saying yes because I just wasn't ready, but the other part was holding back because of him...Calum.

As much as I hated him the day I accepted Jayden's offer of a date, I didn't want to be that girl that jumped into another relationship as a rebound.