Chapter 18

Harry's POV

Last night was up there in one of my favourite nights of my life. Not just because of the sex, that was incredible too, but being so close to Jen again and reconnecting with her on that intimate level was something I had looked forward to since we had broken up.

The night we conceived our baby would always be something I would never forget, but this time was different, it was better because I knew when I left her this morning I would be returning to her later, and she would be mine.

Calum and I had been picked up from the apartment earlier, since we both had interviews lined up with a radio station. I didn't particularly want to leave Jen today, because I knew she was nervous to see her friend, but she had work anyway so I hoped that kept her mind off things for a bit.

"So mate I haven't even had a chance to ask you, how are you feeling about the whole pregnancy?" Calum asked me quietly since we weren't alone in the car.

"I was shocked at first, I mean you know what it's like sort of...when Sam had that scare! I just thought we were both still so young, I have no idea how to be a father, and how could it have happened. After the shock wore off I was just excited. I love Jen more than anything in this world, you know that, so to be told we were going to share a child together, how could I not feel like the luckiest man in the world? I know I want to marry her one day, and I thought we would be married before we had a child, but it is what it is and I couldn't be happier."

I meant it, finding out Jen was pregnant would always be one of the happiest moments of my twenty one years of existence, and marrying her would be the number one accomplishment of my life. My career was important to me, and I was incredibly blessed to have been given the opportunities I had, but my family were now my number one achievement, and what I was most proud of.

"I'm actually really happy for you guys, I see what you're like with Lou's kid, I reckon you'll be a great dad! I can already see Sam getting so attached she'll be hinting to me she wants her own! I love Sam, but I'm no where near responsible enough for that!"

"That's what I always said but now look..." I joked.

"Don't put any ideas into her head! I'm fine with babysitting my niece or nephew, but I'm more than happy to hand it back at the end of the day!"

"Your niece or nephew hey, do you plan on marrying Sam?" I asked him. Those two were a perfect fit for one another, and when Jen and I were fighting I always envied how carefree they were. They were also our biggest supporters, and the two people that always believed in us.

"I don't know," he shrugged.

"Yeah you do. You don't have to put up a front for me, you are allowed to tell me how you honestly feel. I was never this much of a sap talking about marriage and babies until I met Jen, when you meet the one you just know. Is Sam not the one?"

Calum was still a kid, he was nineteen and enjoying the perks of being a "rock star". I'm not saying that he was young and immature, I knew he loved Sam, but to me when you love someone so much there's no shame in admitting you want to spend your life with them.

"Dude I'm only a teenager, how am I meant to know when I've found the one?" He laughed off my question, but I knew it was a mask for his actual feelings.

"You're talking to me Calum, you're not talking to one of your band members who don't understand the depths of our love for those sisters. If you don't think Sam is the one then it's not fair to string her along! I guess you guys aren't as stable as I thought."

I didn't mean that, it was an old trick called reverse psychology. I knew by me doubting their relationship he would get his defences up, and he would see that he loved her more than he lead on.