Chapter 79

Jen's POV

"I know I said and did things in the past year that are unforgivable, but please just give me a chance to apologise," Bella begged as she stood at my door.

She looked sincere in wanting to work things out, but I still couldn't trust her after everything that she did. "Have a forgiving heart" played over in my mind, and something told me I should let her in.

"Fine," I moved out of the way to let her in.

"Where do you want this?" She asked as she held the gift out to me.

"Just put it on the coffee table," I gestured towards the lounge, and followed her in so we could get this talk over and done with.

"So...talk..." I encouraged her.

"Wow, I've rehearsed this over in my head so many times, but now that I'm in front of you I can't think of a single thing to say...I can't believe how big you've gotten it's crazy. How much longer do you have to go?"

"Two weeks," I answered bluntly. I hadn't forgotten her wishing bad upon my pregnancy, so I didn't know why she was so interested now.

"How have you been? Has the pregnancy been okay?"

"Yeah it's been fine...are you still sleeping with my ex boyfriend?" I blurted out, my mouth was moving quicker than my brain was right now.

"Jen it's not like that..."

"Not like what? Jake is my ex, you two are dating, that's exactly what it's like?" I was working myself up, making my heart race and my stomach twist in knots.

I was still feeling the cramping from this morning, and they were starting to happen more frequently and more dominantly. I hoped this baby wasn't coming now, it was too early and I wasn't ready.

"It's not like I intentionally went out of my way to date your ex Jenelle, it just happened and we fell in love. You of all people should know you can't help who you fall in love with...Harry hurt you so badly yet you still took him back. People make mistakes, but you can't hold it against them forever.

Yes Jake messed up in the past, what he did to you was inexcusable and I told him that, but he's a good guy now, he's changed since he's been with me. I just want to put the past behind us and try to be friends again, if you're willing to."

Jake changed? I highly doubt that would ever happen, and even if he did, he cut me too deep to ever want to give him the time of day again. I would never accept their relationship, and if she ever thought I would she was dreaming. How could she even expect that of me?

"Bella, you ruined this friendship not me. You walked out on it, you stopped contacting me, you moved out and chose him over me! I hate him, I will never forgive him, so as long as you are dating him I can't be your friend."

"Why? I am my own person, I'm still the same Bella you've known all these years. I lost myself for a bit, but I know in my heart who I am, and that is your best friend. We've been through too much together to just throw it all away over a boy and stupid argument."

"It's not stupid to me, don't belittle this like it's nothing! I can't look at you and not see him, and I can't ever expect you to never talk about him to me. That's not friendship, it's not fair that you should keep a part of your life quiet just to please me.

I don't want to look at him, I don't want to hear about him, I don't want him anywhere near me, Harry or my baby, he is disgusting and I want nothing to do with him. So I can't put this behind us, because I can't pretend like I'm okay with what you're doing."