CHAPTER 4 [i know]

I just picked Molly up from the airport, she's finally home. As we walk into her apartment she pulls her suitcase straight into her bedroom before flopping onto her bed. She stayed there for a few seconds as I sit down and join her. As soon as I sit down she quickly jumps up, "okay tell me everything" Molly says genuinely interested in what I have to tell her, "you've literally been home for all of five minutes" I say, trying to distract her from the topic but of course it's all she wants to talk about. "I don't care, tell me everything I need to know" she says, "it was wierd" was all I could describe it as. "How wierd" she asks, I take a deep breath, "I couldn't breathe when I looked at him Mols" I say, she pulls me into a hug, "I'm sure it was wierd for him too" Molly reassures me, I nod.

"Zach asked about you" I say, "he did" she asks surprised, "yeah why do you act so surprised" I wonder, "I didn't think he'd ask about me" she shrugs, "of course he would" I laugh. Molly smiles a little. Maybe she misses Zach, they were good together. "So you're coming with us next to see them right?" I ask her, "probably, I just hope Zach can keep himself under control" she laughs, "I think he'll be fine, he was getting quite close to Kay" I hint to see if any sense of jealousy shows, "really" she tenses up, "yeah" I simply say, "I didn't think blondes were his type" she says, "you never know" I joke.

She rolls her eyes. "so when are you next seeing them" she asks, "I don't know but you better be there, I really need someone to keep me sane" I say, "did you feel anything towards Jack when you saw him" she asks concerned, "mostly sadness and hatred" I say, "you don't hate him Grace" Molly states, "I could" I argue, "no you couldn't" Molly smiles, "hey, I am capable of hating him" I protest as she stands up and walks into her living room. "No, you aren't because he's the only boy you've ever loved" she says grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. "Well, I don't anymore" I argue, "hm, we'll see" she smirks. "He's with Gabbie, I don't wanna ruin that for them" I say sitting down on her couch. "Sure, doesn't mean you can't talk to him though" she says as she sits downs next to me. "I don't want to talk to him" I say bluntly, "sure" Molly smiles.

The thought of talking to Jack makes my body tense. What would I say to him? How would I talk to him? I couldn't talk to him, I wouldn't even know how to start. He's a stranger now and he's no longer someone I have an interest in. I've given up on him. He broke the promises, so I can't help but break them too. We've given up on each other and that's just the way it is. "I actually don't" I finally say, "whatever you say Grace" molly says as she flicks through netflix on her tv. "You're annoying" I slouch back on the couch, "just stating the truth, you and Jack are like magnets, you always get pulled back together" she says finally landing on something to watch.

We were always like magnets. After everything we went through, we did always end up back together. I guess all it took was some distance for us not to be pulled in the direction of the other again. Distance changes things. I knew we couldn't handle it. "Not this time" I mumble, "you never know" Molly smirks, "okay ha ha take my line" I say trying to help changed my mood, Molly just shrugs. "If I talk to Jack, you're talking to Zach" I say knowing she won't even consider it. "No way, not happening" she says quickly, I smile to myself, "looks like I'm not talking to Jack then" I say confidently, Molly only rolls her eyes in defeat.

For the next hour or so, me and Molly decide to watch a movie. Gabbie hasn't actually met Molly yet and we plan on the girls coming round mine later so Gabbie and Molly can finally meet each other. Gabbie seems quite nervous, I don't know why, she's spoken to Molly on the phone plenty of times, you would've thought the nervousness would have gone. However Molly, of course, is excited. Since I met Gabbie I knew Molly and her would get along. Gabbie instantly clicked with the girls so I knew it would be the same with Molly. "When are the girls coming" Molly asks. I pull my phone out of my pocket, "they'll probably be here soon" I say as I shove it back in my pocket. Molly nods and stands up off her sofa.