CHAPTER 1 [party]

A/N - Read The Exception// Jack Avery [1] before you read this since it is this is the second book in the series and it will not make sense unless you ready it beforehand. If you're coming from reading The Exception// Jack Avery [1] then welcome, enjoy, you're going to love it! Kisses, Pinky <3

———————-

"PARTY TIMEEEE" I scream as Molly opens the door to her apartment. She rolls her eyes, "I'm not going" she says walking back into her apartment leaving the door open for me to walk in. I walk in quickly and shut the door behind me. "What, why" I ask following her into her bedroom. There is an open suitcase laying on her bed with plenty of clothes piled into and around it for at least a two week trip. "I have to finish packing, I'm leaving in two hours for the airport" she says as she throws more clothes into her suitcase. "And where the hell are you going, you're going to miss one of the biggest parties of the year" I say, annoyed as I sit down on her bed.

I start moving clothes out of the way to give me more room. Molly snatches a yellow shirt out of my hand and throws it into her suitcase, "I'm going back to our hometown to visit my dad" she says as she walks off into her bathroom to come out with her make up bag. "I thought you cancelled that trip weeks ago" I say confused, "oh I did, but then my mum made me feel bad because I haven't been to visit him in ages and I missed his birthday" she says closing her suitcase. "So I have to party without you" I say as she picks up a pile of clothes and throws them back into her very unorganised wardrobe. "You and the girls will have more than enough fun without me, you've become quite the party animal in this past year" she smirks as she closes her wardrobe. "Yeah because I haven't had my mum and Spencer on my back 24/7" I say which causes Molly to laugh.

Molly walks over to the bed and sits with her back resting against the head board facing me, "you make it sound like me getting you that apartment next door made you a party animal" she says raising an eyebrow, "well living close to you has certainly had a huge impact on it" I say in which I get a pillow thrown at me in return. Me and Molly both laugh as I almost fall off the bed. "Are you going to visit anyone else when you go back" I ask her, "nope" she says bluntly, unlocking her phone. "You never told me why you and Zach broke up" I say to her, "and you never told me why you stopped talking to Jack" she says without her eyes leaving her phone.

I look down at my hands, "things with him ended when high school did" I sigh. "It's been three years since then Grace" she says finally looking at me, "yes I know and I don't really care" I say, not entirely sure  that I believe the words that just came out my mouth. "Nothing's stopping you from being with him now, you don't even talk to your mum or Spencer, they have no idea what you're doing" Molly says trying to convince me of something, "I haven't even spoke to him in two years, I doubt he still cares" I almost laugh off. "Fine you think that" she rolls her eyes and continues scrolling through her phone.

"So, do you need me to drive you the airport" I ask, "no, you get ready for the party I'll get an uber" Molly says shaking her head. "I came round here for you to pick an outfit for me" I say, "take one of mine" she says pointing at her wardrobe. I look at the wardrobe then back at Molly, "going through that is like going through a maze" I say, she laughs and gets up off her bed. "It really isn't that bad" Molly says pulling the doors of her wardrobe open. Heaps of clothes fall out shortly after, all over the floor around the wardrobe. Molly looks down at the clothes then at me, "okay maybe we'll go yours and pick out an outfit" she says, I laugh.

We walk into my apartment, closing the door behind us. Remember the ceiling of photos I had at my old house back home? I moved the photos onto the wall of my apartment. The photos are pinned up on various long strings with pretty pink pegs. Kind of 'tumblr' I get told, but I love it. By doing this I've been able to highlight the new people that I value in my life and everyone else is able to see them as well. Whenever I see the wall it makes me smile. There aren't as many photos with my mum and Spencer as there used to be. Not after everything that's happened. Sure, I never want to speak to or even get involved with them again, but it doesn't mean they don't mean something to me. They're my mum and brother after all.