CHAPTER 21 [treat gabbie right]

When I finally get to my apartment I see Gabbie sitting with her back against my door with her head in her hands. Instantly my heart aches for the girl, she doesnt deserve whats happening to her but I guess I have myself to blame. "Gabs" I say which gets her attention, her head flicks up and her face is covered with mascara stains and her eyes are bloodshot, I feel like breaking down for her. I pull her into a hug as soon as she stands up right and she cries a little into my shoulder, "I dont know what to do Grace" she cries and I begin to rub circles into her back, trying to think of something to say. "Lets go inside" I say to her and she pulls away from the hug only to wipe her eyes and to let me unlock the door.

When we walk inside I go to my bedroom to grab some make up wipes and tissues, when I come back Gabbie is sitting on my couch starring off in her own little world. I take a deep breath before I decide to join her on the couch, I pass her the wipes and the tissues and she almost cracks a weak smile, "is my makeup that bad" she says as she unlocks her phone, "shit" she mumbles with her phone in front of her face. She places it down next to her and pulls out a wipe and begins to wipe away the mascara stains from her cheeks and eyes.

This isnt the first time Gabbie has come over crying because of Jack but it is the first time that she has and I've known it was my fault and the guilt just keep eating me up. "You wanna talk about it" I ask her after she finishes wiping the mascara off her face. She nods a little but avoids my eyes, "I just" she starts but pauses, "everything was good and then it wasnt and I dont know what changed" she croaks out and I become heavy with guilt. "Maybe he's just going through something" I suggest even though I know everything thats happening on Jack's side of the relationship. She shakes her head, "I dont know, I dont normally argue but when I ask about it, it turns into an arguement" she sniffs and rubs her eyes with a tissue.

"What do you think is going on" I ask and if I knew what her answer would be, I would've never asked it, "that he's cheating" she says bluntly, suddenly my heart rate picks up, "I dont know about that" I try and say but I get cut off, "he never wants me over unless everyone is over, he goes days without speaking to me, I dont know what else to think" she rambles, "okay Gabs calm down okay" I say when I notice shes starting to panic, "maybe he just doesnt like me anymore" she starts pacing back and fourth, "Gabbie you need to calm down" I turn to her but she doesnt stop pacing, "I moved to LA for him and now he's just decided that he doesnt like me, I mean what idiot does that" she brings her hands up to her forehead.

I start to get annoyed with her constant pacing and rambling since its only making me feel worse, "Gabbie you are making me dizzy and now please sit down" I groan out aggitated, and Gabbie freezes, "sorry" she mumbles and sits back down opposite me, "maybe you guys just need space" I say since I dont know anything else, "no, we tried space and it made things worse" she groans and I begin to feel as though nothing I say will help, "Gabbie if he's ignoring you, he doesnt deserve you" I say to her and I wasnt lying. I wasnt saying that just so I could get Jack for myself, I meant it. Gabbie is an amazing girl that is perfect for Jack even though it hurts me to think that but if he's treating her like this then he doesnt deserve her and she needs to realise it other than panicking every time Jack seems off with her.

"Why is he treating me like this though, I dont get it, its only been for the past 2 months or so" she runs her fingers through her hair, "Gabbie, I have no idea, you've known Jack longer than me, I dont know him well enough to know whats going through his head" I lie and I know its wrong but what am I suppose to say. "You're right, what if I talk to Zach, they're bestfriends" her face lights up and even more panic starts to wash over me, what if Zach doesnt keep his mouth shut. This is not what I wanted to come from this.

"Are you sure?" I ask worried, "yeah, he'll tell me whats going on because he'll know what Jacks thinking" she says standing up and making her way to my door until I stop her, "maybe just be subtle with him, it might scare him off and if he tells Jack then things could get worse" I ramble out, "good idea, oh what would I do without you" she says before coming over to me and pulling me into a hug with a wide smile. "Wait, you're going to go over there now" my eyes go wide, "obviously, I need to know otherwise I'm going to go crazy" she almost laughs, "what if Jacks there" I ask her to try and stop her from going over, "like he would come out of his bedroom if I walk in the house anyway, he wont even be in the same room as me" she rolls her eyes.