Sex and Violence- Part 3

"'Nobody's Fault But Mine'," Dean said after taking a shot with his new BFF. Nick chose a table where he could see the dancing women show off their bodies, and Dean wasn't complaining. They sat across from each other while you sat on the end of the table, right between them. Happiness wasn't what you were experiencing. Nick was bonding with Dean as if he could read his mind about what he liked.

All you had to do was observe him like a hawk which is why you weren't drinking, just watching them talk about rock music.

"Zeppelin recorded it in '75. It was a cover of a Blind Willie Johnson tune," he said as Dean nodded in agreement. "'You Shook Me'."

"'69, debut album, written by Willie Dixon," Dean said. Shifting your eyes between the two men with your arms folded, you tried to notice something about Nick.

"Written by Willie Dixon and J.B. Lenoir."

"Dude. Dude! You know, for a fed, you're not a total dick."

"Aren't we all feds?" he asked as he looked to you but frowned at your expression.

"Yeah, I know, I just... you know, not a lot of feds are as cool as us, huh?"

"I know what you're thinking," Nick said to you, making Dean notice your expression.

"And what would that be?" you remained evasive. Nick looked to be concentrating on something in your eyes, but no matter what, he couldn't read your mind. It was like something was blocking him from doing so.

"I understand how you feel about these women. I can see it in your eyes, you don't like the stripping business." Deciding to just give him what he wanted, you nodded with a slight smile.

"Yes, that's it. I prefer something a little less... degrading."

"Like our jobs. I respect the hell out of you."

"Thanks," you smiled again, but Dean knew that smile was fake.

"Alright, can I level with you two?" Nick asked seriously. "I found something kind of weird."

"Well, you have bought your weird to the right spot. Lay it on us."

"I went to the crime scene this morning. Saw them bagging this up," he reached into his suit pocket before taking out a bag with a familiar purple flower in it. "So, I went back, uh, through all the files. It turns out a flower just like that was found at every crime scene."

"Like it was left on purpose?" Dean asked.

"You know, sometimes a serial killer will leave an object behind, like a calling card. But with this case? Tell you the truth, I got no idea what's going on."

"Give me that," you said as you snatched the flower bag off the table. Staring at it, you realized where you've seen this exact flower.

"What is it, Y/N?" Dean asked once he saw your reaction.

"I think I might. I've seen a flower like this before, and Sam is with her right now."

"I've called him twice and he is not picking up," you groaned as you laid your head against the back of the front seat.

"That son of a bitch," Dean muttered. Silence passes before your phone rings, and you see it's Sam.

"Sam! Where the hell have you been?" you answered, putting it on speaker so Dean could listen.

"With Cara."

"Oh, it's Cara now? And you're not picking up your phone?" Dean asked as he focused on driving in the rain.

"We were trying to find the blood samples—someone stole 'em."

"Yeah, I bet!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"