Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester- Part 1

3 days ago, you didn't even know Angels existed. Well, you had a tiny seed planted in your mind about it but you never knew for sure until you saw Castiel. You remember that "dream" you had when you were 19 years old and on a hunt with Sam, Dean, and John. You remember blacking out and waking up with Castiel next to you, telling you that everything will be okay.

You also remember that he told you, you were special but he never explained why. You knew you were a vessel to some "darkness" but you didn't know if it were real or not. You wanted answers but you hadn't seen Castiel ever since he left the barn you, Dean and Bobby were in. You didn't know what was going on but you needed to figure it out fast before things got worse.

"Well, then, tell me what else it could be?" Sam asked Dean who was pacing the kitchen floor. You, Sam and Dean, were back at Bobby's house and while he was sitting at his desk, looking through some books, you were in the kitchen with the brothers while they were arguing.

You told Sam what happened back at the barn and as upset as Dean was, there was no other explanation to who could have pulled Dean out of Hell or what they could have been. After meeting Castiel, you believed everything you heard about Angels. You did some light reading yourself but didn't want to get to into it in fear of either reading something wrong or reading something you didn't want to know.

"Look, all I know is I was not groped by an angel," Dean said angrily. He did not believe in this Angel stuff whatsoever. You and Sam, on the other hand, did.

"Okay, look, Dean. Why do you think this Castiel would lie to you about it?"

"Maybe he's some kind of demon. Demons lie." Dean shrugged.

"Dean, he wasn't affected by the salt rounds or the demon traps. Not even Ruby's knife! Tell me, what kind of demon is immune to that?" You said.

"Plus, Lilith is scared of that thing!" Sam added.

"Don't you think that if angels were real, that some hunter somewhere would have seen one... at some point... ever?"

"Yeah. You just did, Dean." Sam chuckled dryly.

"Maybe they haven't been seen down here in a while. Why would perfect angels come down to this shitty world? Unless something bad is happening and they need to stop it or prevent it?" You tried to think of some reason why no one has seen an angel before a few days ago.

"I'm trying to come up with a theory here. Okay? Work with me." Dean sighed. You shook your head and got up, leaving the kitchen. Dean watched you leave but then looked at his brother.

"Dean, we have a theory." Sam groaned.

"Find anything?" You asked your dad before taking a seat next to him.

"Still looking."

"You believe in Angels, right?" You asked.

"I don't know what to believe but it's a possibility." He nodded.

"Dean will come around. He's just... skeptical. I mean, I'm glad that Castiel raised Dean from Hell but why? I mean, I believe Dean is a good person and all but Angels just don't go pulling people out of Hell. There has to be a reason." You sighed and ran a hand through your hair.

"We'll figure it out, okay?" Bobby said before going back to his book.

"Okay, okay. That's the point. We don't know for sure, so I'm not going to believe that this thing is a fucking Angel of the Lord because it says so!" Dean yelled.

"You two chuckleheads want to keep arguing religion, or do you want to come take a look at this?" Dean looked at his brother but Sam couldn't meet his eye. Dean was being stubborn about this but you knew he would come around eventually. Dean rolled his eyes and walked to Bobby just as Sam got up and did the same.