After School Special- Part 3

After finding Barry's grave, the smart thing to do was to salt and burn the bones so Barry didn't hurt anyone else again. After digging up the grave, you poured in the gasoline while Dean sprinkled the salt. Sam was the one who burned the match before throwing it in.

"So long, Barry Cook," Sam sighed.

After completing the job, you were back on the road, but Sam was awfully quiet which wasn't normal. He was closer to this case than you or Dean, but you wanted to know why.

"You okay, Sam?" you asked.

"Barry was my friend. I just burned his bones."

"Well, he's at peace now," Dean shrugged.

"I mean, if Dad had let us stay just a little while longer, maybe I could have helped the kid, you know?"

"You read the coroner's report same as me. Barry was on every anxiety drug and antidepressant known to man. School was hell for that kid. His parents had split up. He just wanted out. It was tragic, but it's not your fault. To tell you the truth, I'm glad we got out of that town. I hated that school."

"You and me both," you scoffed just a little bit loudly.

"What? Why?" Dean asked, looking at you through the rearview mirror.

"Not the time," you said, shifting your eyes to Sam.

"It wasn't all bad," Sam sighed.

"How can you say that after what happened to you?" Dean asked, making you think of exactly what Sam came to you and Dean for after getting in a fight with the school's bully.

"That kid's dead," Dean growled. All three of you were by the bleachers while the rest of the kids played and hung out in the school yard. Sitting next to Sam, you shook your head at Dean even though you were pissed as well. No one should get away with doing this to Sam.

"Dean," you said softly, trying to get him to calm down. Placing a hand on Sam's shoulders, you rubbed it out of comfort.

"I'm gonna rip his lungs out!"

"It's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal? Sammy, look at yourself. If Dad was here—"

"He's not," the younger brother interrupted the bigger one.

"Well, I am! And as soon I'm finished with that dick—"

"Dean!"

"Shut up, okay? I don't need your help!"

"That's right, you don't. You could have torn him apart. So why didn't you?" you asked in a gentle tone.

"Because I don't want to be the freak for once. I want to be normal."

"So taking a beating—that's normal?" Dean scoffed.

"Any word from Dad?" Sam asked, changing the subject.

"He called this morning, said he's going to be another week at least. We weren't supposed to be here this long," Dean groaned as he kicked around a rock.

"At least you've got Amanda. She's cool." At the mention of her name, you scoffed lightly with an eye roll, but neither brother noticed.

"Dude, she wants me to meet her parents. I don't do parents," he shuddered.

"We should get to class," you said once you heard the bell ring. Thankfully, neither brother argued with that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------