Lazarus Rising- Part 6

Bobby found a warehouse to do this thing in and immediately, everyone got to work. You and your dad covered the entire warehouse with demonic symbols and other kinds. When this thing came, it wasn't getting out. You hoped that whatever it was, these symbols would hold it here. Dean was at the table, putting all kinds of equipment on it.

"That's a hell of an art project you've got going there," Dean commented on Bobby's thing.

"Traps and talismans from every faith on the globe. How you doing?"

"Stakes, iron, silver, salt, and knife. I mean, we're pretty much set to catch and kill anything I've ever heard of." Dean said.

"This is still a bad idea." Bobby sighed.

"Yeah, we heard you the first ten times." You snapped, not meaning to be rude but you couldn't help it. You knew it was a bad idea but you had to do this.

"What do you say we ring the dinner bell?" Dean said and Bobby sighed but complied. He got up and went over to another table and took a pinch of some powder from a bowl and sprinkled it into a much larger bowl which began to smoke. He began to chant in Latin. You walked over to Dean and took his hand nervously.

"It's going to be okay," Dean said, kissing the side of your head.

"I hope." You whispered back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After finishing the ritual, nothing happened. But that didn't stop you from being on alert. You took a seat on one of the tables and swung your legs back and forth, Dean doing the same. The longer you sat there and waited, the more your anxiety spiked up.

"You sure you did the ritual right?" Dean asked and Bobby gave him a look. "Sorry. Touchy, touchy, huh?"

"If we have to wait any longer, I am going to have a panic attack." As soon as the words left your mouth, a loud rattling shakes the roof. You were immediately on alert and you grabbed a shotgun to protect yourself. Your dad and Dean did the same.

"Wishful thinking, but maybe it's just the wind." Dean chuckled but just then, the doors busted open and a man in a business suit and trench coat stalked in. The lightbulb above his head shattered in a shower of sparks as he passed them. The moment you laid eyes on the man, you gasped, knowing exactly who this man was.

Your dad and Dean immediately opened fire but you couldn't do it. You set down your gun and Castiel walked closer, the bullets not affecting him. Dean took the magic knife out as Castiel came closer to him.

"Who are you?" Dean asked.

"I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition."

"Yeah, thanks for that," Dean said and reared back, plunging the knife into Castiel's chest.

"No! Dean!" you yelled, running to the men. You gasped as Castiel pulled the knife out and dropped it to the ground without concern. The knife had no effect on him. Behind him, Bobby went to attack but without looking, Castiel grabbed your dad's arm and swung him around. Castiel touched his forehead with his fingertips and it sent him crumbling to the ground.

"Dad!" You said and ran to him. Castiel was about to do the same but stopped when he met your gaze.

"Y/N." He said.

"Castiel, what did you do?" You asked.

"You know him?" Dean asked, looking at your dad.

"I thought it was a dream. You told me you were going to protect me, to make sure nothing happens to me." You said, staring into the familiar blue eyes.

"And I have been protecting you this entire time," Castiel stared at you as you got up, not being able to look away. "Dean, we need to talk alone."

"She can stay," Dean said and grabbed your hand. He pulled you away from Castiel and to his side.

"What did you do to my dad?" You asked, looking at your dad on the floor.

"Don't worry, your father is alive."

"Who are you?" Dean asked.

"Castiel."

"Yeah, I figured that much, I mean what are you?"

"He's an Angel. That's what you told me." You answered and he looked at you. He nodded without saying anything.

"Get the hell out of here. There's no such thing." Dean scoffed.

"This is your problem, Dean. You have no faith." Lightning flashed and you gasped as the shadow of Castiel's wings appeared, stretching to its full height. The light goes out and the wings disappeared.

"Some angel you are. You burned out that poor woman's eyes." Dean glared.

"I warned her not to spy on my true form. It can be... overwhelming to humans and so can my real voice. But you already knew that."

"That was you?" You asked and he nodded.

"Buddy, next time, lower the volume." Dean scoffed.

"That was my mistake. Certain people, special people, can perceive my true visage. I thought you would be one of them. I was wrong."

"You said I was special. Why did it hurt me?" You asked.

"You're special in a different way."

"What do you mean?" You asked, confused about this all.

"And what visage are you in now, huh? What, holy tax accountant?"

"This? This is... a vessel." Castiel answered Dean's question but ignored yours.

"Like me... I'm a vessel." You said, remembering what Ruby said to you a long time ago.

"We'll have that conversation another time," Castiel said to you before turning to Dean.

"You're possessing some poor bastard?" Dean asked angrily.

"He's a devout man, he actually prayed for this."

"Well, I'm not buying what you're selling, so who are you really?"

"I told you." Castiel frowned.

"Right. And why would an angel rescue me from Hell?"

"Good things do happen, Dean."

"Not in my experience," Dean said and you sighed, growing sad.

"You are sad of this?" Castiel asked you.

"He can't see what I see, that's it. He deserves to be saved but he doesn't believe it." You sighed.

"Why'd you do it?" Dean asked, ignoring your statement.

"Because God commanded it. Because we have work for you."