Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven 

Silver Lights District - Ward Residence

Kayla glared at the large double doors of Kaelen's home before she turned and sent an angry glance back at Lucas and Jacob.  "Those assholes are over there waving and wishing us luck," grumbled Kayla as she threw Lucas a dirty look.  "Those bastards forcing us to come to this farce of a bridal shower."

Ebony fidgeted as she stood in an over-sized navy blue pants suit, "At least you don't look like a freaking blueberry."  Ebony tossed her hair over her shoulder and narrowed her eyes on Jacob.  "I can't believe we are going to be here with Ruby and her friends and we both look like -."

"Don't say it," whispered Kayla.  "Don't you say balloons," she continued as she adjusted the dark red sleeve of her sleeve.  "I am a glowing vision of pregnancy and -."  Kayla stopped and glared at Ebony who'd started to laugh hysterically.

"Glowing vision," gasped Ebony as she tried to catch her breath.  "Just yesterday you only looked a few weeks pregnant now you look like you are 9 months and ready to explode with me."

Kayla raised her hand as she glared angrily at Ebony, "You could have left that little piece out."  Kayla pulled the silver cord to alert Bethany, or whoever, they were there.  "When I see Kevin I'm going to murder him for those damn vitamins that he swore wouldn't have side effects."

Ebony continued to giggle while she patted Kayla's swollen arm as the door opened. "Beside the attitude what were the other side effects?"

Kayla raised her swollen hand and screamed, "I'm going to murder him when I see him!"

Bethany stared in disbelief from Ebony to Kayla and back.  "My lady Kayla," whispered Bethany as she looked her up in down.  "You and Madame Ebony look -."

"Like a huge strawberry and blueberry," laughed Kaelen as he pulled the door open further so they could enter.

Kayla gave Kaelen a dark frown and narrowed her eyes on him.  "You whoremonger freak," snarled Kayla as she wagged a chubby finger at him.  "I know somehow you are in on this!"

Kaelen smiled and touched his chest with splayed fingers, "Me?"  He shook his head and pointed behind him, "You should ask Kevin who he let fiddle in his lab last."

Kayla glanced behind Kaelen and saw Kevin come down the stairs enthusiastically talking to Dion.  "You have to kidding me," yelled Kayla as she pushed past Kaelen.  "Look what you did!"

Kevin stopped and stared at Kayla with a puzzled frown before he went back to talking to Dion.  After he'd said three words he froze midsentence and turned and looked at Kayla again.  "What happen," asked Kevin confused as he took in her strawberry red outfit.

"You tell me," cried Kayla.  She pointed to her feet, "I told you my feet were swelling and you sent me drops -."

"No I didn't," frowned Kevin as he scratched his head.  "I sent pills in a large brown bottle."

Dion pressed his lips together before he gave Kayla a sad puppy dog look.  "This may be my fault."

Kayla fist clinched as she stared at Dion without mercy. "I'll kill you," whispered Kayla as her fist shook in rage at her side.  

"But it's also your fault," frowned Dion.  "Lucas and Jacob requested that we do some research on water given to the high council by the Zurichs.  I synthesized some of the properties, of the water, isolating -."

"You were always boring," drawled Sebastian.  He walked down the stairs behind Anthony his eyes searched around the foyer before they landed on Xara.  "Xara why are you standing in the corner," he called.  He chuckled and walked over to her with a smile and took her hand.  Quietly he talked to Xara in the corner.