Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

Silver Lights District - Ward Residence

"Are you listening to me," sighed Anthony as he reached across the table and pulled the hand held from Sebastian.

Sebastian eyes shot daggers as he glared at Anthony.  "No, I'm not listening to you."

Anthony sighed as he read the banner that announced Kaelen and Ruby's engagement before he tossed it on the table.  Anthony raked his hands through his black hair with a grimace, "I was surprised too."

"I'm not surprised," spat Sebastian.  "He did this without even telling Xara!  You'd think he'd at least give her that courtesy!"

Anthony rose and picked up the bowl of cereal, "How long has it been since she's spoken to any of us?"

"Let me think," replied Sebastian as he grabbed his bowl.  "Five days."

"Five days without a home cooked meal," pouted Anthony as he stared at the dishes in the sink.  "Five days without her fluffy scrambled eggs and homemade toast.  Five days without her brownies with lunch and five long days without her lemon ice for deserts."

"Hire a housekeeper that knows how to cook."  Kaelen raked his gaze around the kitchen before he walked to the ice box.  "She can start immediately."

Sebastian ignored the sound of the cream bowl breaking as he threw it into the sink.  "I am going out," he stared pointedly at Anthony ignoring Kaelen's presence as he bumped past him toward the hallway to the entrance.  "Please arrange with Acadia for Xara and me to be moved back to the palace.  We'd both sit in a prison then be here another day."

"The only person complaining in you," drawled Kaelen as he turned to watch amused at Sebastian's rigid back.  "Xara and I have an agreement and I doubt she will agree to going to the palace."

Burst laughter erupted from Sebastian, "What makes you think us relocating isn't her idea?"  Sebastian gave Kaelen a look of disdain, "Have you spoken to her in the last five days?"

"No," smirked Kaelen.  "But she knows nothing good will happen to you if she leaves."

"So you are using me to threaten her," asked Sebastian enraged.  "You are an ass-!"

"You both need to stop goading each other," interrupted Anthony as he stepped between them.  "Are you both really going to fight over this?"  Anthony sighed, "Sebastian you know very well that he isn't doing anything wrong-."

"And this is why I hate the Alliance rule," yelled Sebastian.  "How can you even think to say he's not doing anything wrong?"

"Everyone in the Alliance does it," smirked Kaelen.  "Except Acadia and Joshua."

"So you'll be fine if Lucas does it to your precious little sister," spat Sebastian.

Kaelen shrugged as he went to the cupboard, "That's his prerogative."

"You're a damn lie," spat Sebastian as he pushed Anthony out of the way.  "If Lucas were to acquire a paramour you'd try your best to kill him!"

"No," laughed Kaelen as he grabbed a bowl, "Kayla would kill him and I would show up for his funeral."

Anthony moved to cut Sebastian off as he stalked toward Kaelen.  "You need to calm down."

Sebastian knocked the bowl out of Kaelen's hands as his gray eyes snapped fire, "You are a liar!"

Kaelen pursed his lips as he looked down at the brown bowl, "Am I?"  His eyes amused hazel eyes met Sebastian's, "Am I?"

Sebastian lips curled back as he glared angrily at Kaelen.  "I could kill you."