Chapter Sixty

This chapter is dedicated to Lost3Confused!  Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my work. 

Chapter Sixty

Ollyum - White District  

Kaelen squinted at the message he'd just received from Sebastian.  "I'm not sure what to think about this," murmured Kaelen while he, Lucas and Jacob walked down the narrow dull gray street.

Jacob clicked his tongue as he stared around the empty street, "Is it me or have the entire street been cleared?"

Lucas grunted, "Not just the street."  Lucas pointed toward the small wooden bridge that crossed over to the Flying Fish District.  "It looks like everyone is crossing the River Charlie to go into the Flying Fish District.

"But why," asked Jacob as they quickened their pace to the bridge.

Kaelen frowned at his device before he put it away, "I really am interested to see this cottage now."

"That'll have to wait," sighed Lucas as he pointed toward the residents of both districts as they gathered on the rocky banks near the seashore.  "Right now there seems to be something going on over there."

Kaelen took a deep breathe, "What the fuck is going on?  Since we arrived eight hours ago we haven't seen anyone and now when we do they are all running over the bridge as if their life depends on it."

"I don't know," called Jacob while he ran over the bridge to mingle with the people.

Lucas raised a hand to halt Kaelen from going to join Jacob.  "Let him go he's already made himself fit in with the people."  Lucas slowed his walk as they moved to cross the bridge.  "But look around at the people," frowned Lucas quietly to Kaelen.  "Doesn't something seem off about them?"

Kaelen looked down at the people as they crossed over the shimmery pink waters.  Kaelen's nose scrunched up and he shook his head, "They smell funny."

"It's smelled like that since we arrived," whispered Lucas to Kaelen.  Lucas let his eyes move through the crowd and he saw Jacob with his head tilted to the side observing some of the people.  "I -."

"Something is about to happen," stated Kaelen distracted while he pointed toward a group of people.

Lucas turned to see Jacob has somehow ended up in the group and sighed.

"Those low life scums screamed a middle age woman with silver dyed hair.  Her oddly white glazed eyes blazed bright as she pointed toward a group of people dressed clothes from the Gold District.

"They don't deserve to live," shouted another man from the Yellow District's side.  "Those supposedly upper class people would betray the Alliance for money!"

Kaelen turned puzzled toward the man, "What?"

"They should just go die," yelled the man as he pulled out a long knife from his waist band.  "We should kill them all before we are punished by the high council!"

"What the -," began Kaelen before he quickly grabbed the man's hand twisting it until the knife fell to the ground.

"You don't understand," yelled the man.  "They have conspired to take down the Alliance!"

"What," laughed Lucas with a shake of his head.  "How could these people -."

"A woman came," yelled a chestnut haired woman.  "She came and offered all kinds of things for the people's allegiance in taking down the Ah'Tarians."

Lucas shook his head, "That would never work."

"Wouldn't it," yelled a black haired woman as she pushed her way toward the front of the crowd.  "Did the council not send three of the most important people to Ollyum because of speculations and rumors of Oscar being here?"