Chapter Sixty Three

Chapter Sixty Three

Ollyum - Two days until the wedding

"Are you receiving a transmission error, too?" Jacob frowned down at the deep red flashing symbols on the screen. "I've been trying to contact Ebony, Mekhi and Kayo since this morning and keep getting this response."

Kevin looked blankly around the crimson red room distractedly before his hazel eyes landed on Jacob, "Why don't you just go check on them while we go visit the council today?" Kevin bit his bottom lip as if trying not to say anymore.

"Kevin," drawled Anthony as he moved to stand in front of him. "Something isn't right and I know you can feel it. Since we've arrived it's seemed like invisible hands are trying to keep us here."

Lucas nodded as he joined the conversation, "I've felt like that too. I tried last night to return to Kayla but for some reason I couldn't get off this damn rock."

"You tried to step last night," asked Kaelen as he looked up from his device. "So did I and it seem like I bounced around some vortex and landed back where I started."

"Kevin," smiled Jacob in warning, "are you preventing us from contacting home?"

"Of course not," sighed Kevin. "Had someone informed me earlier," growled Kevin with a dark glare at Lucas, "that they couldn't get off-world I would have immediately investigated the matter."

"Why am I get scowled at," pouted Lucas. "Kae tried to unsuccessfully too!"

Kevin glared turned into an indulgent smile, "You're right." Kevin arched an amused eyebrow at Kaelen and smirked. "Kaelen you should have informed me immediately."

"Should I have," asked Kaelen distractedly. "I thought you knew."

"Why would I want to leave," asked Kevin sarcastically.

"Lilith trying to leave Ah'Taria comes to mind," smirked Anthony arrogantly.

Kevin tapped his temple with a shake of his head, "I could have sworn I told Honey -."

"Harmony," frowned Anthony. "My sister's name is Harmony not Honey."

"Sorry," frowned Kevin obviously not sorry. "I have a horrible memory for names."

"Yeah," asked Anthony while he rolled his eyes and he shook his head. "Then it's a good thing Harmony has issues following orders." Anthony moved slowly toward the window and looked down to stare at the small crowd of people that walked slowly along the street.

"Do you notice anything," Kevin paused before he slowly drawled, "wrong?"

Anthony gaze searched the crowd before he closed the curtain, "No one seems happy."

"They seem devoid of emotion," interrupted Dion excitedly. "I'm right," asked Dion energetically.

"This isn't primary or secondary," growled Jacob. "We aren't in school."

Dion pouted while he walked over to a different window and stared down at a woman with a small baby in her arms. "But look at them," pointed Dion. "Everyone here seems to be suffering from melancholy."

Lucas moved to stand and gaze out the window with Dion. "That is true." Lucas shook his head as he tossed his device on the sofa. "The council here seemed to have changed."

"They have," nodded Kevin.

"So you noticed," asked Kaelen with an exasperated look. "Do you know why?"

"I think I do," nodded Kevin slowly.

"Did you wish to inform us," snapped Kaelen irritated.

Kevin slowly rose to his feet, "Let me tell you boys a story."