Chapter Sixty One

Chapter Sixty One
The Gold District - Lucas and Kayla's Suites at the Palace (Three days...)

Kayla stared down toward the gardens and shook her head, "Why does it seem like they are only down there to humor us now?"

"Because they are," frowned Ebony while she stared at the dark red mark on Mekhi's neck.  "They are obviously not our little babies anymore."

"Uh huh," nodded Kayla.  "It seems like just yesterday they were 10 and 11."

Xara lips twisted as she watched Sebastian, "Sebastian's always seemed older then what he is."

"He is very," Kayla paused and stared at the young man in question.  "Mature," ended Kayla questionably.

Ebony rolled her eyes with a shake of her head, "If that's what you want to call it."

"What would you call it," asked Harmony from a swing seat not far away.

Kayla clicked her tongue toward Ebony as a playful smile tugged at her lips,  "Yes Ebony.  What would you call it?"

Ebony gave Kayla a withering look before she gave Xara her full attention.  "I believe I'll leave what I'd call him better left unsaid."  Ebony leaned her head against the pale blue and white stripped cushion of the chair and smiled, "Why don't we change the conversation now.  Just thinking of their ages makes me feel old."

"Old," laughed Harmony as she reached for a glass of lemonade.  "You must think I'm ancient than."

"You don't look a day over 28," smiled Kayla.

"Harmony you shouldn't-," began Ebony only to burst into laughter when Harmony gagged on the lemonade.  "Oh you should have added water and sugar to that," giggled Ebony before placing her hands on her overly rounded stomach.

"Sugar and water," huffed Kayla.

"Kayla since you've become pregnant your lemonade has become more and more sour," giggled Ebony.  "I'm fairly positive you are only putting lemon juice in it."

"Ugh," gagged Harmony while she sat the glass down.  "I can't even with that lemonade," frowned Harmony as she stared at the yellow liquid disdainfully.

"I'm sorry," pouted Kayla prettily.  "I do add more than just lemon juice," mumbled Kayla crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm sure," coughed Harmony while she patted her chest.

Xara released a loud sigh while she stared down at Sebastian.

"Are you okay," asked Harmony with a puzzled frown.

Xara nodded as she picked up her cup of tea, "I'm fine.  Just a little under the weather I believe."

"Oh," frowned Harmony.   "Are you feeling under the weather?"

Xara tilted her head to stare blankly at Harmony.

"What are you thinking," asked Harmony with a curious smile.

"Thinking," repeated Xara slowly.

"Xara," frowned Kayla thoughtfully.  "Are you okay you seem kind of -?"

"I'm fine," replied Xara with a small smile while she played with the fragile tea cup.

Ebony sat her cup down to stare at Xara's pale face, "You definitely don't seem fine."  Ebony patted Xara's hand in comfort, "You can tell us."

"Yeah," nodded Kayla.  "We are all friends here and -,"

"You consider me to be your friend," asked Xara with a wide eyed stare