Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Ah'Taria - Ward Estate

Anthony frowned at the large container of white and brown flakes that Sebastian poured into a white bowl.  "What is that," scoffed Anthony as he raised a hand and summoned a waffle with glazed strawberries and heaps of white fluffy whipped cream.

"I believe Kaelen calls it creamy oats or something," laughed Sebastian as he poured milk on the sugary sweet flakes.  "You do remember Kaelen said no powers under his roof.  It was like rule number one or two....maybe three."

"That was before," chuckled Anthony as he held his hands up for a fork and knife.  "I'm sure he's more concerned with making sure Kayla doesn't find out that he hurt Xara more than he is with what I'm doing. Plus if he had servants we wouldn't be down here trying to fend for ourselves."  Anthony nodded and smirked at his own logic.  "Plus what in the name of Tartus is that!  It smells like honey, sugar and grass!"

Sebastian rolled his eyes as he waved his spoon around.  "It smells fine to me."  He watched as Anthony cut into his waffle and shook his head, "I believe the lack of servants is how Kaelen keeps himself out of the rags.  The most you read about him is that he was spotted around town and who with."

Anthony looked around the spacious kitchen and nodded slowly, “That makes sense.  At Jacob's house I was in the rags twice a day.  Since I've been here it's dwindled down to once or twice a week," remarked Anthony excitedly.  "So this is what privacy feels like."

"So you noticed that none of the things that happens in my home appeared in the rags," asked Kaelen as he walked into the kitchen behind Kevin.  At Anthony's nod he smirked, "That's because I don't have anyone in here that's going to run and tell all our business.  Jacob and Lucas can't even take a dump without it appearing in the evening rags."

"That's true," chuckled Kevin as he turned his device so everyone could see.  The screen held a picture of Jacob, Ebony and the children all in the study. "It appears that Jacob and Ebony enjoyed a wonderful night with their children before a rousing night of sex that could be heard by the neighbors."

"Poor Ebony," mocked Anthony as he quickly read the article.  "I'm sure she's horrified that one of the servants took a picture of her like that."  Anthony pointed to her dress, "She is definitely showing in this picture."

Kaelen gave a nonchalant shrug as he walked toward the table to stare down at the large waffle.  "Where'd that come from," he asked as he arched an eyebrow.  "I find it hard to believe you made that with what's here," Kaelen waved a hand toward the empty cabinets, "If you want to eat waffles figure out how to make it without using powers in my house."

Anthony pouted as he looked at the spot where his waffle had sat.  "It was so good though," whined Anthony as he stood up.  "I can't believe you did that.  Now what am I going to eat? I’m definitely not eating whatever that is," he blustered Anthony.  

"Suit yourself," replied Kaelen as he picked grabbed a bowl and started to pour.  "You are too spoiled."

"Spoiled," scoffed Anthony. "You do realize that while you’re eating the woman you fucked last night is barely alive?"

Kaelen's fingers clenched around the bottle of milk as he stared angrily at Anthony.  "You think I meant to do that!  I would have never done something like that intentionally," yelled Kaelen as the bottle exploded.

"Yeah," smirked Anthony as he rose out the way of the milk.  "But you did do it and your only thought was to make sure your precious little sister didn't find out."

Sebastian's grip tightened on the spoon as he stared straight ahead, "The welfare of Xara never even entered your mind," whispered Sebastian as he stood up and stared at Kaelen in disgust.  "You are far worse than any Ah'Tarian could ever be.  Always going on about how you're Nah'Byian.  Xara didn’t deserve for you to do that to her! She doesn't deserve any of this," yelled Sebastian as his eyes shifted to Kevin. "I think I'll skip training and stay with Xara."