Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Silver Lights Distrist

Kaelen walked into the kitchen and dropped three large black bags on the table, "Mia and Celeste sent you guys dinner."  He hide a smile behind his hand, pretending to scratch his nose, as Anthony opened the bag closest to him and frowned darkly.  

The dark frown stayed on Anthony's face for over a minute and Kaelen had to stop himself from laughing. "Is something wrong?"  Kaelen batted his eyes innocently as he watched them both.

"I just miss Xara's cooking," pouted Anthony as he pushed the other two bags toward Sebastian.  "The cooks at the palace are okay but they keep making these weird dishes.  Simple is what we want!" A faraway look appeared in Anthony's eyes as he opened the first container, "Xara's meals are wholesome and delicious. She puts her heart and soul into what she cooks for us."  Anthony frowned at the mushrooms, "I'm not even sure what these little green things are they added to the mushrooms."

Kaelen shook his head as he watched Sebastian remove the lid to a big bowl of bibimbap (Korean dish that means mixed rice).  He watched a look of wonder and disgust wash over Sebastian's face.  "You don't like it?"

"What is it," wondered Sebastian as he stared at the raw egg in the center of the vegetables that laid over ground beef and steamed rice.  "And what does those mushrooms have to do with it?"

"Mia and Celeste love it.  There is bean sprouts, spicy radish and cabbage kimchi too.  You dump those on top of the dish, mix it together and enjoy" laughed Kaelen.  He titled his head, "I've eating it and it's pretty good."  Kaelen gave a weary sigh and tugged on his ear.  "Did you find someone for the servant position?"

Anthony face brightened as he looked up.  "Sebastian and I went to the agency and believe we found a lovely young woman that is very enthusastic to start tomorrow."

"What time does she start," asked Kaelen as he stared longingly toward the stairs leading upstairs.

"At 07:00," sighed Sebastian as he pushed the smelly mushrooms away from him.  "She'll be here in time to make breakfast."

"Did Kevin approve of her," asked Kaelen uninterested.

Anthony rolled his eyes, "He didn't really care one way or the other."

Sebastian speared a radish cube and sniffed it. "He said as long as she understands the attic is off limits, he didn't see a problem."  He shrugged and popped the piece into his mouth.  "I can honestly say this isn't bad," smiled Sebastian as he speared another.  "But I'm not eating those mushrooms."

Kaelen shrugged as he watched them both spoon around the egg for the rice and meat, " I believe I'll go see if Xara wants to come down for dinner."  Kaelen paused and arched an eyebrow, "Has either of you tried to get her to come out of her room?"

Sebastian frowned as he tried in vain to dig around the raw yolk.  "Her door's locked and she refuses to answer it."

"Yeah," smirked Anthony as he used to fingers to pick up and study a mushroom.  "If I didn't know any better I'd think she wasn't in there but I can sense her presence."

"Hmm," responded Kaelen as he turned to walk up the stairs.  Kaelen strolled leisurely down the hallway, he walked pass the closed doors until he came to the end of the hallway and waved a hand to remove the seal on his door. A small smile hovered around his lips as the door slowly opened and he stepped inside.

Kaelen swiftly walked toward the large desk by the window, his fingers deftly unbottoned his sky blue shirt.  "They are wondering why you haven't come out your room."  The muscles in his shoulders flexed as he shrugged out of the shirt and placed it over the back of the tan chair.  "I wonder what they would think if they knew why you were indisposed."