Chapter Fifty Four Part 1

Chapter Fifty Four - Part 1

Silver Lights District - Ward Residence

Jael Quin released a happy and relieved breath as she added another dollop of cream on top of her lemon scone, "It's so peaceful today." Jael Quin smiled excitedly as she picked the scone up and took a big bite.

"It is," agreed Anthony as he returned her smile. He looked at the four empty seats and chuckled, "And I believe the peace you are so happy about has to do with Lex and Elisa finally checking into a hotel."

Jael Quin nodded and wiped a bit of cream from her mouth, "And don't forget Ruby left early this morning for her parent's house to prepare for the engagement party."

"Yes," agreed Sebastian his eggs poised on a fork, "I thank the gods every second that I've been awake and didn't have to hear her annoying voice." Sebastian raised a glass of orange juice, "Cheers to you and Sir Clarence for informing her and her mother about the Nah'Byian custom about it being bad luck to see your fiancé on the day of the engagement party."

Anthony chuckled as he lifted his coffee cup to stalute Jael Quin and Clarence. "Oh and don't forget that she spackle on at least four to five layers of makeup."

Zahar giggled as she attempted speared a sausage link that rolled around on her plate, "Now, that's not a nice thing to say." Zahar patted her dark brown hair that was styled into a sleek bun and smiled toward Sebastian, "Not everyone is blessed with natural beauty like myself and Xara."

Zero snickered as he looked at Zahar, "I don't know if I would say you were a natural beauty little sis. But you have a decent canvas unlike Ruby."

Zahar threw her sausage across the table at Zero, "You dog faced troll."

Clarence cleared his throat and shook his head, "Don't throw your food Zahar and Zero you know your sister is a vision of loveliness in that purple dress."

"I agree," smirked Sebastian with a wink that caused Zahar's creamy brown cheeks to flush with color.

Zero rolled his eyes dramatically, "I bet you would."

"Xara dear," called Jael Quin to the ever quiet Xara. "I see you are ready as well."

Xara smiled softly and nodded, "I met with a stylist that Kayla suggested this morning at 11:00."

Jael Quin giggled and pointed toward Clarence, "This dear is a true Nah'Byian custom. Breakfast on the day of the engagement party shouldn't be eating before 13:00 and dinner shouldn't be served before the stroke of midnight."

Clarence nodded, "It's a way to wish the couple good luck!"

"And many years of happiness," nodded Zahar as she bit into another sausage link.

Sebastian shrugged as he reached for a strawberry fruit tart, "That sounds weird but whatever."

"I wonder where Kaelen and Kevin are," wondered Clarence out loud as he looked out the kitchen doors.

Jael Quin placed her coffee cup on the table and looked around the kitchen before she turned toward the servant's stair that led from upstairs. "I believe he got back last night."

"He was gone forever," exaggerated Xero as he snatched a strawberry off Sebastian's plate.

"Jael do you want another cup of coffee," asked Clarence as he poured himself one. "It's going to be a very long night."

Jael Quin nodded and handed her cup to Clarence, "The party starts at 20:30, the announcement will be made at 23:30, dinner will be served at 23:45 prompt and the party will end exactly at 03:00 tomorrow."