Chapter One

Chapter One

Ah'Taria - The Orlando's Ballroom

Anthony stared down the stairs of the Orlando's home and frowned.  Bored he walked down to see why Kevin sat mumbling to himself.   "Why are you sitting on the stairs?"

Kevin shook his head as he stared up at the stars, "I'm just admiring the view while waiting for Isaiah and Celeste to arrive."

"Liar," replied Anthony as he watched Kevin absently rubbed his ankle. "You tripped up the stairs, or down them, and hurt your ankle."

Kevin turned to stare at Anthony with laughing hazel green eyes.  "Aren't you the perceptive one?"

Anthony walked slowly toward him with a grimace.  "I still remember Auntie telling me stories about you.  I always thought she was exaggerating about how clumsy you are."  Anthony reached out to clasp Kevin's hand hauling him to his feet.  "And how is it possible that you hurt your ankle tripping?"

"Hmm," smiled Kevin as he stood.  "Did I mention the side effects of the serum you let me inject you with," asked Kevin as he limped up the stairs.

Anthony shook his head as he sighed, "Oh goodness!  Now I'll be clumsy, prone to breaking bones and have anger issues like Kaelen resulting in me needed to meditate five times a week."

"Nope," laughed Kevin as they reached the landing.  "You won't be able to break a bone but damn will it hurt if you twist one."

Anthony took a deep breath as he tried to understand Kevin's sense of humor. "You're a very strange man," remarked Anthony without emotion.

"You know you should really lighten up a bit," complained Kevin as she took in Anthony's pale skin, gray eyes and black hair.  "It's like you strive to be darkness personified."  Kevin stared down at his twisted ankle as he rotated it.  "Don't you think you're too young to be so fearsome?"

"No," responded Anthony emotionlessly as they walked through the front doors of the Orlando's home.

Kevin frowned as he looked around the foyer, "It's remarkably quiet for a party.  Where's the music, the talking and laughter?"  Kevin and Anthony walked to the double doors and paused as they waited to be announced.  After several minutes passed and the doors didn't swing open Kevin gave them a push and stared befuddled at the unconscious bodies thrown all over the floor.

"What in hades," yelled Anthony as he ran down the stairs toward Acadia who laid motionless on a broken table.  "Auntie!"  

"She'll die just like all of you," whispered Sebastian as he appeared behind Anthony.

Anthony turned in time to avoid being speared by Sebastian's grotesquely long nails.  "What's happening," he yelled add he saw Lucas and Jacob.  "How many men were able to get in here," he yelled as saw them fighting multiple silver haired men.

"One!  He can multiply," screamed Kaelen as he punched on of the replicas in the face. "Be careful!"

"Careful!" Anthony dodged the claws that were aimed at his face.  "Who the fuck is this? Why is he attacking us?"

"Give me my cousin," screamed Sebastian loud enough to make the walls of the room shake as his power level spiked.  "Give her to me," he yelled anxiously as one clone tried to spear Anthony while another threw Kaelen so it could reached for Xara.

Kaelen jumped quickly to his feet to grab the clone. “Damn it," mumbled Kalen as snapped the neck of the one that reached for Xara.  "Where is the real one," Kaelen yelled as he looked around barely dodging another attack.  "We need to kill the real one."