Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven

Silver Lights District - Ward Residence

Malcolm pushed Kaelen out the way to see into the parlor.  "Orchid obviously picked out the decor," mumbled Malcolm as he took in the garish pinks.  He turned to stare at the men.  "I say there's a good four minutes before the reader post the final results."  He gave Jacob a wicked grin and reached into his gray trouser's front pocket.  He pulled out his black billfold with a flourish,  "I'm going to place 100 royals on -."

"Ebony," drawled Jacob a small smile pulled at his lips as he looked through the crack in the door to see her black head bent down.

Malcolm smirked but shook his head.  "I'm sure you've trained her well but I was going to say, Jazminee Byrd."

Anthony leaned against the wall with a scowl directed at Malcolm, "Why would you place royals on her?"

Malcolm tilted his head as if he were giving thought to Anthony's question.   "You are trying to keep it a secret but the council knows about you and her."

Lucas shrugged, "It would have been hard not to know."  He looked Anthony up and down with a disappointed sigh, "You and she show up at the same events, disappear around the same time and -."

"We weren't trying to keep it a secret," whispered Anthony gruffly so the women wouldn't hear them.  "We're young and having fun."  He shrugged unconcerned, "But why would you lay royals on her ability?"

Malcolm chuckled, "I'll add another 50 that say Ebony will rank in the top three.  You Lawson's love your morning wake up routines."

Kaelen rolled his eyes and drawled lazily, "Ruby has a pretty good technique, I'll bet you 10 royals she'll come in first."

"Its average at best," drawled Sebastian flatly.

"What," asked Kaelen in disbelief.  "Don't tell me you've-."

Sebastian shrugged and leaned against the oak table on the right of the door, "Orchid told me that a woman, I'm assuming Ruby, and her used to practice their techniques together.  Orchid's skills were subpar at best," ended Sebastian bored.  "Plus as far as Ah'Tarian woman go Ruby is not my type."

"Wow," chuckled Lucas as he shook his head.  "The things out of the mouths of babes."

Sebastian stared at Lucas deadpan, "Than I will highly suggest you never have a talk with Lucca or Kayo about things that can come out the mouths of babes."

Lucas and Jacob expressions darkened as they spoke in unison:

"Is Lucca having sex with Kayo?"

"Kayo is too young and I'll beat him black and purple!"

Sebastian shook his head and chuckled, "I plead the eighth, the fifteenth and the thirty first."

Kaelen stared blankly at Sebastian, "The eighth is the right to decide how you'll be sentenced to death under Alliance Law.  The fifteenth states that all Alliance citizens have a right to free primary and secondary education in the yellow and white districts."

Malcolm slapped Sebastian on the back none too gently, "And the thirty first is the newest!  It's the law that states walking outside the black lines only results in a 10 royal fine for the first offense, 5 days in jail for the second and 30 days in jail for the third."

Sebastian scratched his head with a puzzled expression, "I thought that was an offense punishable by death on the third strike."

Kaelen face scrunched up as he watched everyone nod in agreement with Sebastian.  "You all are sick."