Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Ah'Tarian - Lucas, Jacob, Kaelen, Kevin and (now) Anthony's Office

Kaelen rolled his eyes in contempt as he read the most recent story in the rags on Kevin's handheld, "Ruby and I are not in an exclusive relationship."  With a sigh he handed the device back, "As a matter of fact we aren't really in a relationship."

Kevin eyes twinkled as he took the device.  "Kae are you really okay sleeping with a woman been rode more times than a taegsi?  I mean I've just returned and I've heard the epic tales of her sex life.  She's bedded more men than been born on Ollyum in the last 100 years! "

Jacob laughed as he picked up a small sandwich, "That would make her total four times higher than mine."  With a dejected sigh he flipped the sandwich up, "Where did you buy these?"

"Zara made them," replied Anthony as he reached for one.  "She packs us a lunch every day.  You should see the one she gave Sebastian!"  Anthony's drew a large box with his fingers and nodded when everyone looked at what she'd sent with Kaelen, Kevin and Anthony.

"Oh," Jacob's lips curled upward as he raised an eyebrow.  "And why would Xara be making you lunch when you are here at the palace?"

"I don't know," answered Anthony truthfully.

Kaelen rolled his eyes, as he picked up a golden roll filled with red bean paste, "Another one of Sebastian's bright ideas."

"What do you mean," asked Lucas as he grabbed the last ham and cheese sandwich.

"He's been giving her all types of advice and I have no idea when or where he's getting it from," snapped Kaelen.  "The first of his many suggestions was that she gives me oral so I'd be nice to her."

"Sounds like a good idea to me," choked Jacob as he tried not to laugh at Kaelen's indignant expression.

Kaelen turned to catch Lucas as he gave Kevin an indecipherable glance.  "What," asked Kaelen frustrated.  "What exactly am I not getting?"

Lucas paused as he took in Kaelen's flushed cheeks.  "What exactly is it you don't like about Xara?  She seems like a sweet woman and is nice enough even though you tried to kill her twice?"

"She's too nice, too meek and too demure," growled Kaelen as threw the bun on the table.  "All she does is follow Sebastian around like an obedient puppy dog.  She doesn't have a personality!  She's afraid of her own shadow!  Why would I want to be with someone like that?"

"Those are the problem," asked Lucas confused.  "I think Xara is the perfect woman for you.  You tend to like airheads that are submissive in bed.  I was actually shocked when you started fucking Ruby with her demanding and whiny personality."

Kaelen gave Lucas a blank stare, "I want a woman that knows what she wants without being told that she wants it.  I want to be able to hold some type of conversation with her outside the bedroom and I'd prefer not to worry that she thinks I'm going to snap and kill her."

"So you would sleep with Xara if she was able to have a conversation with you," asked Anthony confused.

"I believe you all are missing the point," sighed Kaelen as he shook his head.  "Lucas what attracts you to Kayla?"  

Lucas looked up from his handheld and gave a thoughtful look, "I'm not sure.  When I first met her the first think I noticed were her eyes."  With a soft smile Lucas shook his head, "They were open and curious without a trace of fear."

Jacob laughed, "Yeah until she heard your name."

Lucas rolled his eyes and turned to give Jacob a sarcastic smile, "Really?  Have you scared Ebony today?"