Chapter Fifty Five

Chapter Fifty Five

The Water District - The Engagement Party

"Where is Xara," growled Kaelen as his hand squeezed Sebastian's neck.

Sebastian pushed against Kaelen's chest, "She's in the attic with Kevin.  He's trying to keep her alive for your selfish ass," grounded out Sebastian as he stared angrily about Kaelen. "How could you have said that," whispered Sebastian as his shoulders dropped.  "She was shot because of you and that hag you are determined to marry."

Kaelen closed his eyes and sighed relief evident in his posture.  "I need to go to her," he whispered aware that only Sebastian, Lucas and Jacob would have heard.

Sebastian pushed Kaelen away and looked around the field.  "I love her more than words but wish the gods would take her away from this horrid life," sighed Sebastian.

"Are you hoping she dies," asked Lucas shocked.

"I'm hoping she gets far away from him," spat Sebastian angrily.  "And if it's in death-."

Celeste appeared next to Kaelen with a small frown. "Why is it whenever Acadia, Joshua, Isaiah and I decided to go off something horrid always happens.  We went to admire the waterfall and -," Celeste frowned as she appeared to search for the right words as she pointed toward the body parts and ground.

"Mom you have leaves in your hair," bit out Lucas.  "But at least you are here," he continued as he picked several gold and red leaves from her hair and back.  "Speed the announcement along and end this farce of a reception."

Celeste vanished, appearing again on the stage in front of the orchestra with Acadia.  "Honored guest," began Celeste with a slight smile, "you have had the displeasure of seeing so many unpleasant things today."

"Like Kaelen getting engaged to that harpy witch," mumbled Acadia to herself as she looked away from the crowd.

"Yes," nodded Celeste on a laugh.  "And because of this the soon to be grooms family has been injured -."

"I've been hurt," yelled Clarence as he waved from the back of the crowd.

"Yes you have," smiled Celeste as she tried not to laugh at the man she found hidden under a table with Lex.

"I was hurt too," lied Lex as he waved a hand.  "One of those bad man punched me -."

"Yes he did," yelled Elisa, "he kicked him while he hid under the table too."

Acadia pressed her lips together as she looked at Kaelen unharmed family.  She tilted toward Celeste, "I know his family was supposed turned to be attacked but thru couldn't find them.  But the only person really injured was Xara."

Celeste nodded as she stared around the crowd, "Martha took Ruby saying she was severely hurt -."

"My ass," scoffed Acadia quietly.  "I'd bet my tiara that she, Orchid and her mother had something to do with it."

Celeste eyes swung to Sebastian and she tilted her head to stare at him.  "I'd say if he has anything to do with it all their days are numbered."  Celeste eyes widened when she saw Sebastian smile at her words.  "If I were Orchid I'd be on a transport trying to get the hades off Ah'Taria."

Acadia turned to stare at Sebastian, "I'd be trying to find a new universe if I were her."  Acadia shivered and shook her head, "But hurry with your announcement the crowd is growing restless."

Celeste nodded and looked back out at the crowd.  "Because of the unfortunate incidents of today I will have to sadly say that the party is now over."  Celeste nodded as guest started to mumble in protest, "But please remember," Celeste voice chilled as she stared out at the 227 guest that were in attendance, "If you say anything about what happened today Lucas and Jacob will make it appear as if your entire family met a tragic end."  Celeste smiled as if she hadn't just threatened everyone, "I hope you all understand and heed my warning."  Celeste nodded when she saw everyone bow slightly at her request.  "Good," purred Celeste.