Chapter Sixty Two

Chapter Sixty Two

The Silver Lights District - Ward Residence

Two Days until the wedding.....

"Just try to eat a little bit more," urged Mekhi.  He shifted uncomfortably in he green seat while he watched Sebastian dip the spoon into the clear vegetable broth he'd brought with him. 

"I brought chicken noodle soup," suggested Lucca holding up a small domed tray with an impish grin.  "Pierre made it especially for you this morning."  Lucca hurried to the bed and sat down next to Xara. "Let me try," he insisted as he waved Sebastian to the seat he'd just vacated.  "She's had vegetable for the past two days let's try something different."

"I'm fine," sighed Xara as her eyes followed sadly while Sebastian went to sit down dejected in the chair Lucca had vacated.  "It's probably just morning sickness."

"When did morning sickness inhibit breathin, cause a blue-black bruising and headaches," asked Lucca while he used the spoon to point to Xara's exposed wrist.  "There is something else wrong.  If it was morning sickness you wouldn't be so weak all the time."

"The medic was unusually puzzled," suggested Mekhi.  "I'm thinking maybe we should get another opinion."

"We investigated him and found he had no connection to Ruby or the Hand family," sighed Lucca.  Lucca's lips thinned as held the steaming spoon to Xara's mouth impatiently waiting for her to take a bite. "Eat it," growled Lucca as he jammed the spoon against Xara's bottom lip.

Xara quickly took opened her mouth to accept the soup.  "It's delicious," nodded Xara with an anxious smile.  "Thank you."

"You are so -," began Lucca with a small smile curving his lips.

"Shut it," growled Sebastian as he jumped to his feet.  With a glare he snatched the spoon from Lucca's hand, "Get away from her."  Sebastian plopped down on the bed but quckly stood up when Xara's started to gasp for breath.  "What in Hades is wrong with you," frowned Sebastian before cutting his gray eyes toward Lucca.

"I didn't do anything," pouted Lucca before he sent a devious smirk toward Mekhi.  "I was just about to say that she's so precious."

"I'm sure," frowned Sebastian.  "She's as precious as say-." Sebastian smiled menacingly, "Kayo?"

"Kayo is very precious," frowned Lucca unmused.

"So precious that you sleep with other females," asked Xara confused while she turned her face away from the spoon Sebastian held toward her. Xara watched baffled as Lucca's face flushed an angry red, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that out loud."

Sebastian dropped the spoon back in the soup and placed the tray on the side table.  "Xara didn't mean any harm," he sighed.  "She's just trying to understand your way of thinking."

"Oh," frowned Lucca with an arched eyebrow.  "Is she hoping to understand Unc Kae better by asking me about my personal life?"

"Sebastian," whispered Xara tiredly while staring at the upset Lucca, "can I please take a nap now.  I'm tired and you've been with me all day.  Why don't you and your friends go out for some fresh air?"

"Yeah," nodded Sebastian with a dark look toward Lucca.  "I should definitely take them out for some cool air."

***

"I don't understand why she isn't getting better," frowned Sebastian as he gently closed the door to Xara's room behind them. "She'll seem fine and then her condition just worsens for no reason."