Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I wasn't planning on going to work today, since it was my day off. I finished everything the last couple of days so I could actually rest my brain from all the business.

Right now I was at home and I regretting not planning anything to do.

So, as usual when I'm bored, I call people. I grabbed my phone and decided to call Jake.

It rang three times before he answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, babe."

"Oh, hi beautiful." he said sounding like he just woke up.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"Uh, no it's fine. I've been sleeping for a while now."

My eyebrows scrunched together. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You sound different. Is something wrong? Are you sick?" I asked worriedly.

"No. I'm fine, I swear." he said, then groaned.

I sighed. "Jake. Tell me what's wrong." I said seriously.

He sighed giving up. "I just have a stomach ache. I'm fine."

"Well, I'm coming over." I said heading to my closet to change clothes.

"You don't have to come. I can take care of myself. I'm fi—" he said not finishing his sentence. Next thing I knew I was hearing him puke from a far.

I put my phone on speaker as I changed clothes. I put on light washed out jeans and a plain black v-neck shirt. I got some black flats and a simple jacket.

I heard him groan and some shuffling. "Sorry about that."

"Yeah, I'm coming over. Be there in a few."

"Alright." he said and we hung up. I could tell that he was really sick.

I put on my jacket and grabbed my bag and keys and headed downstairs.

I passed the kitchen where I saw Maggie doing some dishes. "Hey, Maggie. I'm heading to Jake's alright."

She looked at me and smiled. "Alright, sweetie. Take care."

I got into my white Audi and drove to Jake's condo, which was only a fifteen minute drive.

Once I reached Hawkins Luxury, I got out of the car as the valet opened the door for me.

Yes, I know. The name is so original.

"Ms. Maxfield." he greeted.

I nodded and smiled at him politely. "Thank you."

I walked to the lobby as I was greeted by the door man and the woman in the front desk. I smiled at them and greeted them back.

I got in the elevator and pressed Jake's floor. Of course, with Jake owning the building he obviously gets the penthouse.

Once I got to his floor, I made my way to his door and got the keys from my bag. Yeah, he gave me a spare key to his condo. Technically he didn't need a key to the mansion because there's always gonna be someone to open it for him, but I still gave him a key in case.

I unlocked the door and went in. I took my jacket off and threw it on the white leather sofa.

His condo actually has two floors, the second floor being his room and own bathroom. Everything else was down here including his office and a guest room.