Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Jake Hawkins

I took a deep breath and started. "You already know the summary of my ex-girlfriend."

She nodded making me continue. "Well, I was kinda hiding some stuff, so, you're about to hear the whole story."

Here I go.

"Carrie George was my girlfriend for three years, remember? She became my girlfriend during my college years, and I loved her, and I thought she loved me but then Anthony came and ruined it. He wanted to prove that Carrie was just a gold digger and I wouldn't believe him. I mean could you blame me? She's been my girlfriend for three years and he's only been around a year when that happened. I never liked him cause he always had this aura that told me he didn't like me as well. So, being the bastard he is, he told Carrie that he was richer and more powerful than me and Carrie actually believed him and they started dating...a week after she broke up with me."

I said as I remembered what happened, and the humiliation that Carrie put me through.

"I told her I loved her and she told me she loved me back. Anthony only dated her for three weeks then threw her away like yesterday's garbage. After two days of their break up she came back to me, asking me to take her back."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I didn't take her back of course. After humiliating me in front of my family and using me I just ignored her pleas and threw away anything that I had when we were together. Pictures, shirts, gifts, everything. After countless calls, emails, texts, gifts, she finally gave up after two weeks. A few months later I saw in a news article that she's dating a rich guy from New York, not to mention that he just got divorced. They married the next year after our break up."

And the both of them absolutely disgust me.

"Well, I hated to admit it but Anthony was right. I still hated him because all he does when he's around is make my life hell. Not to mention that they made out when we were still together. Carrie just proved that she's a user, a gold-digger, and not to mention a cheater. And Anthony just proved that he's a player, because when he broke up with Carrie, he got a new girl a week later. He's been switching girls every week or so, and it's absolutely disgusting."

"So, after Carrie, I kinda got traumatized, I avoided having relationships with women, expect as work partners. Call me a wimp, but that's just how I dealt with it. I didn't wanna get hurt and humiliated like that again." I said shrugging, then looked to her for a reply.

I could tell she was taking it all in. It's a lot of information about my messed up relationship with my ex and my cousin.

"Is that why you hate Anthony so much?" She asked softly.

I nodded as I looked back at the city.

"So, you haven't had any relationships with girls? Not even friends?"

I shook my head. It's kinda embarrassing that I've avoided having relationships with women completely.

"It's embarrassing, I know. I kinda have trust issues with women now. I mean, I trust old women like the ones older than me because well, respect your elders and stuff. You get the point."

She chuckled and nodded amused at my failed explanation.

I groaned smiling and shook my head. "Just, please don't tell anyone about this. It'll ruin me, from embarrassment, and life choices, and everything else people could make up."

She chuckled at my horrified expression but nodded. "Yeah, I promise."

I smiled and shook my head. "I don't even know why I trust you." I murmured hoping she didn't hear that, but alas.