Chapter 43: II

Chapter 43: II

Jake was busy talking to a woman I didn't know and I took this opportunity to run since he hasn't introduced me and I'm sure he wasn't gonna.

I went to the kitchen to get another drink since I didn't really finish my first one.

"Hey." Lee said as he lightly bumped me.

I smiled at him. "Hey. What's up?"

"The ceiling."

I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm. "No shit Sherlock."

He chuckled. "Well, you asked."

"I will punch you." I threatened making him just laugh.

"So, Jake told me about the acting." he said in a silent voice making sure that it was only both of us who could hear. "How's it going?"

"Awkward. I just really wanna stay away to avoid the awkwardness and pressure." I complained.

Before Lee could say anything his name was called out.

"Lee!"

I groaned internally. I thought I escaped him.

"Look who's here." Jake said.

"Who?" Lee said curiously.

The blonde woman who he was talking to awhile ago came out from around the corner. She had wavy hair that landed on top of her shoulders, and green eyes.

"No way!" Lee bursted out smiling, his eyes going wide in surprise.

"Hi, babe."

"Oh my god, you're here!" He bursted once more running to her.

Jake chuckled and walked to stand beside me.

He picked her up and spun her around making her chuckle as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Once he placed her back down on the ground, he landed a kiss on her lips.

Oh, so this must be Kate.

"I thought you weren't gonna make it."

The woman, I mean Kate, shrugged. "Celebrated Christmas early in Australia and now I'm here."

"Great!" He said enthusiastically making her chuckle.

"Hey, I want you to meet someone." he said pulling her towards me. "Kate, this is Nina, Jake's girl. Nina, this is Kate, she's mine."

His introduction made me chuckle.

"Nice introduction, Lee." I said and then faced Kate and offered my hand. "Hi, nice to meet you."

She smiled at me and shook my hand. "Nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you from the press, the one who caught Jake's heart." she teased making me blush.

"Yeah, well, she's not giving it back." Jake said chuckling as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

I tensed at his touch and I know that he did too.

I smirked up at him. "Well, you never said you wanted it back."

He and I both know that my comment has a double meaning.

"That's because I don't." he teased but I could see an emotion in his eyes. He kissed my nose making me wrinkle it up.

"That's become a habit of yours." he pointed out.

"What?"

He smiled slightly. "Your nose wrinkles up when I kiss it."

Cant believe he noticed that.