Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Jake Hawkins

Nina and I have been getting closer for the past three months.

Of course we aren't teenagers anymore and I had work in the corporation and she had work in the diner, so we barely have time to go out, but when I have free time I try to talk to her.

She told me that she's been getting into trouble with Marian for going out with me too much, I kept on asking her why but she never really gave me an answer. She's not Marian's assistant anymore, but she still works for her.

I told her if I was causing so much trouble, that I'd stop contacting her and she just refused every time, saying that it's been long since she's had a real friend to just hang out with.

I was curious as to why she would get into trouble with Marian, she's just a temporary PA after all.

"Jake!" someone called.

I smiled as I saw my best friend, Jason Fox. He owns Fox Industries, an important business partner of Hawkins Corporation. It's a good thing that we're best friends, it makes our partnership better.

He was adopted by the Fox family when he was told that his family died in a car accident, the Fox couple never had children, they were lucky that they adopted a good kid like Jason.

"Hey, Jace." I said as we shook hands and bumped fists. "Long time no see, bro."

He chuckled and clamped my shoulder. "Yeah, been busy with everything." he said groaning.

"Same here."

"Hey, I heard you've had your eyes on this certain girl." he teased.

I groaned, but smiled. "She's just a friend. She's not one of those girls who uses me for my money."

"Well, we'll see." he said with a knowing smirk as we made our way to the meeting room.

"Good day ladies and gentlemen. Shall we get started?" I announced as Jace and I entered taking our seats.

~*~

"Alright, we'll talk about this some other time, but as of now I'll think about you're offer." I said as we ended the meeting. "Have a good day."

"So, who you bringing on Saturday?" Jace said as we headed out together.

"I'm going solo." I said smirking.

Jace scoffed. "Bro, you think your mom's gonna allow that? Especially that she coordinated the event?"

I opened my mouth to say something when someone spoke. "Absolutely not."

We turned to see my mother standing there. "I will not allow you to go to the event alone, Jacob."

Ughh, she had to use my full name.

I groaned and I heard Jace snicker beside me.

"You will bring a date! Even Jason's  bringing one." she pointed out making me turn to him smirking amused as my mother called him by his real name."

"And who might you be bringing?"

"Jasmine Richards." he said smirking proudly.

"That host for that sport's channel?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

He nodded. "Yup. I met her about a month ago when I bought the Blazers, she interviewed me and now we're friends."

"What? You bought the Blazers, and didn't bother to tell me? What a great friend you are."

The Blazers is a famous football team, they used to be my favorite team when I was in high school. Of course I still like them until now, I've just been too busy to actually adore them like before.

He chuckled and slapped my back as he grinned at me.

"See, Jason is bringing Jasmine." mom said gesturing to him. "Oh! Why don't you bring Nina?"

My eyes widened in shock. "Mom, Nina isn't that type of girl."

"Well, how do you know?" my mom challenged. "She's gorgeous and sweet, and I really like her. So, bring her to the event or else."

I sighed. "Fine, mother. I'll bring Nina. You happy?"

She's lucky I love her or I wouldn't even bother going to the event. Even if she did coordinate it.

She smiled brightly. "Yes, very happy." she said patting my chest.

"So, Nina's the girl huh." Jace said making me glare at him which only made him chuckle.

"Yes, and she's very lovely." my mom replied. "Well, I'll be going now. You're father and I have dinner. Bye sweetie, bye Jace."

"Great seeing you again, Jamie."

"Bye, mom."

When mom was far enough Jace snickered.

"Shut up. Can't believe my mom still talks to me like that, I'm twenty three for heavens sake."

Jace chuckled. "Well, I gotta go. I have a plane to Greece tomorrow. I'll see you in the charity event and I can't wait to meet this Nina."

I rolled my eyes and slapped his back. "See you soon, Jace."

Now, how the heck do I invite her to the event.