Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I unlocked the door with the keys Jace gave me.

Once I closed the door I heard Jace coming down the stairs, a worried expression on his face.

I removed my coat and threw it on the couch with my bag.

"What happened? Are you alright?" He asked worriedly as he reached me.

I looked at him and shook my head. "I mean, I'm fine, just..."

He sighed and pulled me in for a hug. To think that we haven't been together for years, he knows exactly what to do.

I buried my face into his chest as he rubbed my back comfortingly.

"Am I a slut, Jace?" I muttered.

"What?!" He exclaimed pulling away from me a little, but my face remained buried to his chest. "Why the hell would you think that?"

I sighed. "Someone said that Jake had bad tastes for women because all the women he picked are sluts, like Carrie."

"Okay. Who told you this?" He said pulling me away from his chest, placing his hands on my shoulders, looking me in the eyes.

"Unimportant." I said seriously.

He sighed and dropped his head. "Nina, you and I both know that's a lie. Look, Jake's been my best friend for years, yeah he's had a lot of relationships—"

I raised my eyebrows at him. Really? A lot of relationships?

He groaned. "You know what I mean. Anyways, those relationships he had? Carrie was the only slut. Nina, you are not a slut and I could see that Jake really loves you more than anything. And I know that you love Jake and that both of you wont do anything to hurt each other purposely."

I sighed and rubbed my face. "I'm sorry. It just got to me."

"It's okay, baby sis." he said hugging me again.

I sighed and hugged him back. "Thanks, Jace."

He kissed my forehead and rubbed my back comfortingly. "I'm guessing you're staying over?"

I swear he knows me too well already.

I nodded against his chest. "Yes, please."

He chuckled and I felt his chest vibrate.

My phone suddenly rang making us pull back.

"I'll fix the guest room for you and get you some clothes while you answer that. I'm sure that's lover boy calling."

I chuckled and dug my phone out from my bag. And sure enough, it was Jake.

I answered the call and before I could say anything he attacked me with questions.

"What did Anthony do to you? Are you hurt? Cause if you are I'm gonna fly back there right now and kill him—"

"Jake! Calm down, I'm fine." I said interrupting him.

He sighed. "I'm sorry. I just got worried. Kaleb called and told me everything. But, seriously, did he do or say anything to hurt you."

Yes.

"No. I'm fine Jake. I just stormed out cause I just got pissed after trying to talk to Anthony." I lied.

I didn't wanna worry him and stress him about a petty thing. It wasn't worth the trouble that I'm sure is gonna come when he finds out what Anthony said.

"Promise?"

"I promise Jake, I'm fine. I'm at Jace's and I'm sleeping over. I still have your car, sorry, I'll return it tomorrow." I said changing the subject.