Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Jake Hawkins

I don't know what to believe anymore.

All I know is that I've lost the girl I trusted and loved.

I heard the door open, but I didn't bother to look up. Lee was here anyways.

"Jake, don't you think you've had enough?" Lee said watching me.

"Shut the fuck up." I snapped drinking some more vodka.

"Hey." I heard Kaleb say.

"Hey." Lee said.

"How much has he drank?"

"More than half the bottle."

Kaleb sighed slowly. "Well—"

Before he could finish, the door busted open.

"Jake!" I heard Jace yell and I could tell he was furious.

Whatever. I couldn't care any less.

"Shit." Kaleb muttered.

Before I could get a hold on what was happening, Jace pulled me up from the couch and punched me causing me to fall to the ground.

"What the hell, Jace?!" I snapped angrily.

"That was for hurting Nina." he said and stormed to me and punched me again. "And that was for cheating on her."

I groaned. "Goddammit, Jace!"

"I saw the pictures, Jake! I wouldn't have believed it, but the proof was there! You're my best friend, Jake. I wouldn't be this furious with you if the reason you broke up wasn't because you slept with another girl!" He said furiously.

"It's not like did it on purpose!" I said annoyed as I stood up rubbing my jaw. "And if you saw those pictures, you saw her pictures too, huh?"

"But you didn't tell her! After accusing her of stupid things, you're the one who's been lying! And those pictures of her and Tony didn't mean anything!"

Why the hell am I always the bad person?!

"Jace if you're just here to fucking piss me off, then leave, cause it's not wanted." I said glaring at him.

He was gonna charge at me when Kaleb held him off.

"Jace that's enough. I'll take care of him." Kaleb said pointedly.

They had a stare down for a few seconds, in the end Jace glared at me and stormed out, banging the door close.

Kaleb sighed relieved. "Jake. What the hell happened?"

I grabbed the bottle of vodka and started drinking again.

"I was drunk, okay? You think I would do that if I was thinking straight?" I said annoyed.

I'm not that stupid to sleep with a girl...or cheat on Nina, even if we were taking a break from each other.

"Weren't you supposed to be keeping an eye on him?" Kaleb said facing Lee.

"Hey, in my defense, I had an emergency at work and when I left he was asleep." Lee said.

"How the hell did he end up in bed with that girl?"

"The fuck if I know. He came home the next day and said that he crashed at a nearby hotel. And what was Jace talking about? What pictures?"

I spaced out after that. I didn't care what they were saying, there were too much things going on in my head.