Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"Ready?" Jake asked.

He was wearing dark jeans, a maroon long sleeved v-neck and a black coat.

I decided on going all black. I wore black leggings, a black quarter sleeved tight shirt that landed just below my butt, black knee high heeled boots, and a black coat. Of course I had to put some color so I decided on wearing a thin royal blue belt around my waist, and a matching scarf around my neck.

I grabbed my beige bag making sure that I had all my stuff before zipping it up.

"You have the tickets right?" I asked following him out the room.

He had his and my suitcase and gave it to the butlers to bring them downstairs and out to the car.

"Yup." he said taking them out of his coat's pocket, the tickets squeezed in his passport. "Here, you keep them in your bag."

He handed them to me including his passport and I securely put them in my bag together with my passport.

It was 8:30 and our flight leaves at 10:30. We decided on flying commercial since Jamie took the private jet yesterday, our company jet was currently under maintenance.

We got in the car and Mike drove us off to the airport.

We arrived in thirty minutes because there wasn't any traffic which I was grateful for. All I wanted to do was sleep right now.

Mike got our bags out and we said goodbye to each other.

We checked in our bags and our tickets and waited for our flight to be called.

Once our flight was called we started boarding the plane.

"Good morning, Mr. Hawkins," the lady said looking at Jake and then at me. "Ms. Maxfield."

Oh yeah, the airline we were riding belonged to Jake's company.

Jake smiled politely and gave our tickets. He grabbed my hand and we entered.

Of course Jake owning the plane company we got first class seats.

Jake let me in first knowing that I liked the window seat. I slid in and removed my coat before sitting down. He did the same and sat down.

"How many hours is the flight?" I asked placing my coat and bag down on the ground.

"Uh, five to six hours, give or take." he said.

I groaned. "After we take off, I will get my food and then I'll sleep the rest of the way." I promised.

He chuckled and put the armrest up and wrapped his arm over my shoulder pulling me closer. "Well, that makes two of us."

A few minutes after the plane took off they asked us what food we would like. I ordered a ham and cheese sandwich, same as Jake and some pineapple juice, while Jake got an iced coffee.

After eating he took out his laptop and started typing away.

"What happened to sleeping?" I teased.

He gave me a half smile. "I just gotta finish this report so I don't have to do anything later but send it."

"Alright babe. Don't stress out on it too much, okay?" I said kissing his cheek and leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I won't." he said. "You should get some sleep."

"Alright." I said taking my head off his shoulder and leaning back on my seat.

"Why'd you do that?" He suddenly asked making me look at him confused.

"Do what?"

"Take your head off my shoulder."