Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Jake Hawkins

Nina fell asleep on the fourth movie and we were already in the last—I think. Her head was on my lap and I was gently playing with her hair, not even paying attention to the movie.

"Dude." Kaleb said snapping me back to reality.

I looked up at him and he was looking at me with a weird expression. "What? Movie's done?"

He blinked at me. "Nothing—I mean, yeah, the movie's done."

"Okay, well, I'll carry Nina to the guest room." I said carefully scooping her up bridal style. She squirmed and groaned a bit, but snuggled to my chest still asleep.

"No way I'm sleeping in the living room. You and Nina can share a bed." he said smirking knowingly.

I glared at him. "No. We're not in that stage yet, she might feel uncomfortable."

He looked at me dryly. "Jake, I know you want to sleep with her in your arms. And from the looks of it, she likes it too." he said smirking in the end as he looked at Nina snuggled to my chest.

I rolled my eyes at him. "As much as I want to, I respect her too much to do that."

"Fine. Let's do this the hard way then." he said, his eyes glinting in mischief.

My eyes widened as I realized what he was planning. He bolted pass me and out of my room. I couldn't run after him without dropping Nina and waking her up, so I just stood there as I heard the guest room door close and lock.

I groaned and glared at my open door where Kaleb left. I sighed and walked to my bed. I gently placed Nina on my bed and put the covers on her. I carefully swiped some hair away from her face and kissed her head.

I closed the lamp on the bedside table beside her and walked around to the other side of the bed. I grabbed my phone and texted Kaleb.

"You are so dead."

"You'll thank me tomorrow ;)"

I rolled my eyes and placed my phone back on the bedside table. I went under the blanket and closed the lamp and drifted off to sleep.

The next day I woke up with the light shinning from the window. I felt something-or someone on my chest and I looked down to see Nina.

She was lying on my chest and my arm was wrapped around her waist. I smiled at her sleeping face. She was breathing softly and her mouth was slightly open making her look so cute.

I looked at the time on my phone and it was 9:30am.

I didn't wanna go to work today and I hope Nina feels the same way cause if she goes to work, I'm gonna have to go to work as well cause I have nothing else to do.

I felt her squirm and I looked down at her to see her open her eyes.

She looked up at me with a confused expression. I smiled down at her.

"This is Kaleb's fault. He ran to the guest room and locked it."

She raised her eyebrow. "And we're in this position because of him too?"

I chuckled and raised both my hands in mock surrender. "Hey, in my defense the bed is big enough for the both of us to have enough space. I don't know how this happened."

I wrapped both my arms around her and pulled her close. "Well, on the upside, I like waking up like this." I said smiling down at her.

She smiled and rolled her eyes at me. "Good morning to you too, babe." she said kissing my cheek and pulling away from me.