Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Wow, it looks like you've seen a ghost." Kaleb said snapping me back to reality.

I blinked at his amused face. I was in the kitchen? Huh. Was I that distracted that I don't even know how I got here.

"Hello? Earth to Nina." Kaleb said snapping his fingers.

I blinked again and shook my head. "Sorry. I'm just distracted." I said heading to the couch.

I sat down and stared into space thinking about what just happened.

I felt my right side dip. "Hey, you alright?"

I sighed and leaned my back against the sofa. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"You sure? You can talk to me you know."

Did I hear him right? Did he really say it? Or was I just daydreaming?

"Yo! Nina!" Kaleb called snapping his fingers in front of my face.

I blinked and shook my head then looked at him. "Huh? What?"

"You know that's like the third time you've spaced out." he stated. "What's up? Is something wrong?"

I shook my head. "Nothing's wrong."

"Then, what's distracting you so much?"

"Nothing. It's just—I thought I—no, it's nothing." I said struggling to build a sentence.

"Huh?" Kaleb said confused. "It's not nothing if you can't even speak right. What's up?"

I groaned as the bought bothered me even more. "He said that he loves me. No, he's sick—he's just sleepy and drowsy and—and—he's just confused cause of the medicine and stuff." I said waving it off.

I heard Kaleb scoff making me look at him. He was looking at me with an amused smirk on his face.

"What?"

He shook his head and his smirk became an amused smile. "Nothing, nothing."

I rolled my eyes at him but let it go. "Whatever."

"You're funny, you know that?" He said amused.

"Oh shut up. Now if you'll excuse me, I remember what I was gonna do now." I said standing up and heading to the kitchen leaving a chuckling Kaleb in the living room as he watches football on the TV.

I got a plastic bowl from one of the cupboards and a small towel.

"I'm upstairs if you need me." I announced as I headed to the stairs.

"I'll yell if there's a fire." he said without looking back making me laugh. That boy takes football seriously.

I got to Jake's room and saw that he was now on his back, the side of his face buried in his pillow.

I went into his bathroom and placed the bowl in the sink and put water in it. I filled it half way and went back into the room.

I placed the bowl down on the bedside table and sat down next to Jake. I soaked the towel a bit and began wiping his forehead and his face. I soaked it again and wiped his neck.

He looked so peaceful in his sleep. His mouth was slightly open and he was letting out light snores, the cute type, not the annoying loud ones.

I can't stop thinking about it though. Did I really hear correctly, or was I really just daydreaming? Does he really love me? I mean we've been dating for months now, six months more or less. Could he already love me with that amount of time we've been dating?