Chapter 40

Chapter 40

"Nina?" I heard someone say.

I groaned. My head was throbbing. I moved my arm to reach my head, but I yelped out in pain causing me to sit up and become fully awake.

"Whoa! Careful."

I looked to my right and saw Tony. He had a bruise on his temple and jaw that was turning a purplish-black. He also had a scratch above his eyebrow and on his cheek.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" I said pushing myself off the bed.

"Careful, Nina!" He said worriedly coming over to me and placing me back down on the bed.

"I'm fine, Tony. Aside from this throbbing." I said placing a hand on my head.

"Careful." he said grabbing my wrist gently before I could move it from my lap. "You have a bruise and a scratch on your arm and a bruise on your temple."

"That explains the headache and the pain on my arm."

He nodded. "You have a bruise here." he said brushing his fingers lightly against my temple making me wince slightly from the pain.

He sighed and looked at me apologetically. "I'm so sorry, Nina. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. Do you remember what happened?"

I nodded. "It's fine, it wasn't your fault. And yeah, I remember. What happened when I passed out?"

"They uh-" he started but was cut off.

"Nina!" Jace called as he came running with Kaleb.

Tony was pulled aside by Kaleb and Jace came to me and cupped my face immediately and kissed my forehead.

"Are you alright? Oh my God, I got so worried. What happened?" He said his eyes were so worried and scared.

"I'm fine Jace. Don't worry." I said smiling at him reassuringly.

He sighed relieved and kissed my forehead again and pulled me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight with my left arm cause my right was still hurting.

"I got so scared. I just got you back and I thought I was gonna lose you." he muttered in my hair.

"I'm fine Jace. It was an accident, nothing that could take me away."

A throat cleared making us pull away.

"Excuse me, I came to check on the patients. I'm Dr. Kensi Wilde." She said. "So, who do I start with?"

Jace and I looked to the side to see Kaleb and Tony in deep conversation.

"Start with her please." Jace said looking back at the doctor.

She nodded and looked at her clipboard. "Cordelia Maxfield. Nothing major according to the CAT scan. She has a bruise on her right temple, and on her right arm and shoulder. There's also a scratch from the glass, but it's not too deep, so no stitches were needed, there's no need to worry. You might feel headaches every once in awhile and your arm may feel sore in the next two to three days. Just lightly put ice on the bruises, twice a day and change the bandages after taking a bath and before sleeping, or whenever necessary. If you do feel headaches, its an option to drink painkillers. Just take it easy for three days or a week if you can. All in all, you're alright and you can go home after paperwork." she said smiling reassuringly.

She then turned to Tony who was done having a conversation with Kaleb and was now beside me. "Anthony Blake. As for you, you've got a bruised jaw and temple, scratches on your face and hands, and a bruised abdomen."