Chapter 47

Chapter 47

As I walked out of the house a car came rushing and stopped before I could even take a step down the stairs of my porch.

My eyes widened as I saw who it was.

"You can't leave for Paris." Jake said sternly. "You can't leave me."

"W-what?"

He shook his head. "Look, I'm sorry for betraying you like that. I didn't mean to do it. You know I wouldn't do that to you on purpose."

"Jake it's not just that-"

"I know. I'm sorry for accusing you, I'm sorry for hurting you." he said then sighed deeply. "I guess I couldn't bare to go through what I did with Carrie again, and the thing is I loved you more than I ever loved her. I got jealous when I saw those pictures of you and Anthony, it worsened when I saw you a few days ago during Colby's birthday. You seemed happy."

Guilt began growing inside me. He thought I was doing great without him in my life, but it was the exact opposite.

"I'm sorry." I started. "I didn't mean it to seem like that. I didn't mean to make it seem like...like I was happy without you."

"Anthony talked to me awhile ago."

That shocked me. "What?"

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah. He explained everything, and so did Kaleb. I'm so sorry, Nina. I know I need to do a lot of things to get back your trust and to get your forgiveness-"

"Jake." I said cutting him off. "Yes, you'll need to work to get my trust back-"

"Don't leave." he said stopping me. "I still love you Nina, and I never stopped loving you no matter how mad and stupid I was."

"Jake, I have to go. I have to attend to business there and...and I need some time alone...to think."

He stared into my eyes and sighed. "I can't stop you, can I?"

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, Jake."

"How long will you be gone?"

"A few weeks?"

"So, you won't make it back in time for New Year?"

I shook my head. "I don't think so."

He sighed and I could see the sadness on his face. "You...you think we could go back to normal."

I gave him a small smile. "It's not impossible."

He returned with his own small smile. "I'll...let you go now, I guess."

I walked to my car and the driver opened it for me. I turned back to Jake. "Bye, Jake."

"Bye, love."

That made butterflies erupt in my stomach. I gave him one last smile and got into the car.

I couldn't help but look back as we drove away.

I arrived at the airport and went on my way to the private jet.

I've already talked to Jace and he allowed me to use his condo during my stay there. I've already said goodbye to everyone a few hours ago.

"Nina." someone called making me look up to see Tony and Kaleb.

Everyone expect those two guys.

I smiled at them.

"You didn't think I'd let you go without saying goodbye, did you?" Kaleb said as he opened his arms for a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him as he did the same. "Take care of yourself, alright?"